"Rhine - Palatinate" Top 5 Page for this destination Land Rheinland-Pfalz by elgin99
Land Rheinland-Pfalz Travel Guide: 4,303 reviews and 12,747 photos
Who don´t know the Rhine and Loreley or the names of famous castles belong the Rhine river? Or towns in Palatinate like Speyer?
I´m personally like that region belong the river between Koblenz and Bingen (Middle Rhine), which is a UNESCO World Heritage. Or in the southwest, too, close to Alsace-Lorraine. The last is a nice "soft" region with much forests, but not so high hills, and a lot of castles. So you have all: nature, history, romance and the French cuisine.
Rhineland-Palatinate is a country in the south west of the Federal Republic of Germany. The country capital is Mainz. The state artificially was formed after the second world war on the 30 August 1946.
Mit Andernach, Boppard, Koblenz, Mainz, Speyer, Trier und Worms liegen eine Mehrzahl der ältesten Städte Deutschlands in Rheinland-Pfalz. Durch Rheinland-Pfalz fließen Rhein, Mosel, Saar und Lahn. Weitere bedeutende Flüsse sind Nahe, Sauer, Our, Glan und Sieg. Die Liste der Landschaften ist sehr lang, alle Regionen reich an bedeutender Geschichte.
Für mich bedeutet der Rhein sehr viel, ich liebe diese Landschaft und die schönen Städte. Der Rhein, das sind Weinberge, Wein und hervorragendes Essen, Sonne und Farben, Klöster, Kirchen, Schlösser und Burgen, gemütliches Beisammensein und nette Gespräche. Immer wieder viel für Auge und Herz.
With Andernach, Boppard, Coblenz, Mainz, Speyer, Trier and Worms lie a majority of the oldest cities of Germany in Rhineland-Palatinate. Through Rhineland-Palatinate flow Rhine, Moselle, Saar and Lahn. Further important rivers are Nahe, Sauer, Our, Glan and Sieg. The list of the landscapes is very long, all regions are rich by important history.
For me, the Rhine means very much, I love this landscape and the beautiful cities. The Rhine, this are vineyards, wine and excellent dinners, sun and colors, monasteries, churches, palaces and castles, nice conversations. Again and again much for eye and heart.
Of course, what is Rhine-Palatinate without this famous castles, some I put into an extra album. I´m sure in VT existing many pictures from Rhine.
on that you see the Blücher monument near Kaub, in the backround "Pfalzgrafenstein".
Rhine-Palatinate, this are also regions like Eifel, Mosel-Saar, Westerwald, Rheinhessen, Ahr and more. Towns like Trier, Kaiserslautern, Koblenz, Mainz and Worms. Some places I could visit but so much more I would like to know.
My last journey was recently in May 2006, travelled to Mainz and visited the region again. It is really a dream. I would like to live here. So, please, have a look for my new travel tips and pictures.
Note: you should also have a look to my pages of Hesse (Hessen) because that means also partially the Rhine region and is so lovely.
Here is one picture of the fascinating firework in summer at Rhine: "Rhein in Flammen".
This one is made in Koblenz, Festung Ehrenbreitstein.
Would you like to see what means that? You can travel via ship belong the river, and everywhere you see the fireworks at waterside.
- Pros:what I wrote above
- In a nutshell:Like a dream!
The Loreley or Lorelei are a 132-metre-high slate rock standing out from the Rhine with Saint Goarshausen. The view from... more travel advice
In 1327 the construction the Pfalzgrafenstein began in the middle of the Rhine on a rock. Since 1339 the arrangement is... more travel advice
elgin99's Related Pages
Land Rheinland-Pfalz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "For your vacations along the rivers Rhine & Mosel"
- "When god created paradise, he created Palatinate"
- "Castles in the air"
- "Rhineland Palatinate - Re-Discovered!"
- "Rhine - Palatinate"
- "Permanently under construction"
- "Land Rheinland-Pfalz"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Land Rheinland-Pfalz
- Hotels in Land Rheinland-Pfalz
- Transportation in Land Rheinland-Pfalz
- Nightlife in Land Rheinland-Pfalz
- Restaurants in Land Rheinland-Pfalz
- Shopping in Land Rheinland-Pfalz
- Warnings and Dangers in Land Rheinland-Pfalz
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Land Rheinland-Pfalz
- 37 Reviews
- 77 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Land Rheinland-Pfalz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Land Rheinland-Pfalz
- updated a Land Rheinland-Pfalz Travel Page "Rhine - Palatinate"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Rhine - Palatinate"
- Wrote a Review Last but not least - The Loreley in Land Rheinland-Pfalz Things to Do
- Commented on one of tini58de's Land Rheinland-Pfalz travel pages
- Posted in Travel Bretagne Forum "RE: Lorient based week advise..."
Photos in Land Rheinland-PfalzSee All Photos (77)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Thüringen Intro, 72 reviews, 186 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rügen Intro, 30 reviews, 143 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tabarz Intro, 24 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 42 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Rheinland-Pfalz Intro, 37 reviews, 77 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 31 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Hessen Intro, 24 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bretagne Intro, 19 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination FYR of Macedonia Intro, 20 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (15)
Top Land Rheinland-Pfalz hotels
- Koblenz Hotels
- 346 Reviews - 821 Photos
- Mainz Hotels
- 320 Reviews - 712 Photos
- Cochem Hotels
- 214 Reviews - 457 Photos
- Remagen Hotels
- 24 Reviews - 69 Photos
- Trier Hotels
- 577 Reviews - 1447 Photos
- Bernkastel-Kues Hotels
- 136 Reviews - 332 Photos
- Bad Kreuznach Hotels
- 44 Reviews - 125 Photos
- Sankt Goar Hotels
- 113 Reviews - 454 Photos
- Worms Hotels
- 85 Reviews - 266 Photos
- Bacharach Hotels
- 127 Reviews - 352 Photos
- Kaiserslautern Hotels
- 70 Reviews - 232 Photos
- Oberwesel Hotels
- 40 Reviews - 234 Photos
- Bingen am Rhein Hotels
- 97 Reviews - 284 Photos
- Traben-Trarbach Hotels
- 125 Reviews - 410 Photos
- Bad Dürkheim Hotels
- 6 Reviews - 41 Photos