"Most Northern of Germany - Isle of Rügen" Top 5 Page for this destination Rügen by elgin99

Rügen Travel Guide: 150 reviews and 367 photos

What is the best of Isle Rügen, the biggest isle of Germany? I don´t know. There are some things, starting with long fine sand beaches, as next the clifflines with interesting chalk structure, or the stones, stones, amber... amber? Yes, you can find there, and I did, again.

The intact nature, the history monuments (since 8000 B.C.), the houses with its thatched roofs, the ships....... All together and more constitute the special charm of Rügen.

I like the Sea, the song of waves, the blue sky and fine sand, the wind. I like Rügen because it means all together.

May I invite you to do a journey, come together with me to the most northern point of Germany (Arkona), back to the history and across the nature?

And here is an interactive map of Isle of Rügen.

Isn´t it a blue? Little harbours everywhere with unique charme belong coasts inviting to have a rest, stroll across villages and harbours or do water sports.

Close to Isle Rügen there is Hiddensee, the next beautiful isle at Baltic Sea. From Rügen you can do a trip with bigger or smaller (but faster) boats to that nice region.
I did. So, please, have also a look for my pages from there.

The sea shore of Arkona, the most north point of Germany, looks like a paradise for birds and.... the guests of region. :))
Arkona´s lighthouses are world famous. Pictures from there are in my tips. Also from remains of Slavian culture on Arkona.

The best time for a journey to Rügen is in the off-season, in June or September. During the season there are too much tourists, because Rügen always was a German touristic centre and got it more and more after reunification.

• Pros:very much
  • Cons:less
  • In a nutshell:one northern paradise of Germany
  • Last visit to Rügen: Jun 2006
  • Intro Updated Apr 3, 2007

• King_Golo's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2014 at 7:46 AM

Oh, I'm the first commenting visitor since seven years! Well, you did a very good job making me curious about Rügen. I'm going there in three weeks, and I'm really looking forward to it.

• Sjalen's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2007 at 2:29 AM

I've wanted to go to Rügen for years! We have a Rügen bakery in Malmö Central station. They arrive with things on the ferry every morning :)

• alancollins's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2007 at 2:07 AM

Great photos and good tips. I have a trip arrangement in few days time.

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2007 at 4:48 AM

This is a very good page with great info and superb photos :-) My ratings are defnitely with you - a well-deserved top-5 page! Greetings from Dubai / Jess

• antistar's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2006 at 2:37 AM

I missed most of this on my cold winter day trip. Thanks for the great pictures and info :).

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2006 at 8:30 AM

Klasse Seite! Es wird Zeit, dass ich auch mal nach Rügen komme!

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2006 at 10:33 AM

Great photos and tips. Now you have covered Germany from the north here, to the south - in Berchtesgaden ;-\

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2006 at 9:01 AM

Wonderful page, Hildruth! War noch was von der Vogelgrippe zu merken? Brings back wonderful memories!

• Jun 13, 2006 at 12:52 PM

Lovely page Hildruth! I hope to visit Ruegen soon. Maria :)

elgin99

“Every trip ends, but not your memories.”

Badges & Stats in Rügen