"Most Northern of Germany - Isle of Rügen" Top 5 Page for this destination Rügen by elgin99
Rügen Travel Guide: 150 reviews and 367 photos
What is the best of Isle Rügen, the biggest isle of Germany? I don´t know. There are some things, starting with long fine sand beaches, as next the clifflines with interesting chalk structure, or the stones, stones, amber... amber? Yes, you can find there, and I did, again.
The intact nature, the history monuments (since 8000 B.C.), the houses with its thatched roofs, the ships....... All together and more constitute the special charm of Rügen.
I like the Sea, the song of waves, the blue sky and fine sand, the wind. I like Rügen because it means all together.
May I invite you to do a journey, come together with me to the most northern point of Germany (Arkona), back to the history and across the nature?
And here is an interactive map of Isle of Rügen.
Isn´t it a blue? Little harbours everywhere with unique charme belong coasts inviting to have a rest, stroll across villages and harbours or do water sports.
Close to Isle Rügen there is Hiddensee, the next beautiful isle at Baltic Sea. From Rügen you can do a trip with bigger or smaller (but faster) boats to that nice region.
I did. So, please, have also a look for my pages from there.
The sea shore of Arkona, the most north point of Germany, looks like a paradise for birds and.... the guests of region. :))
Arkona´s lighthouses are world famous. Pictures from there are in my tips. Also from remains of Slavian culture on Arkona.
The best time for a journey to Rügen is in the off-season, in June or September. During the season there are too much tourists, because Rügen always was a German touristic centre and got it more and more after reunification.
- Pros:very much
- In a nutshell:one northern paradise of Germany
Directly at the beach of Binz, at Seaside Promenade lies that hotel (5 stars). With its 231 luxuriously, absolutely anew... more travel advice
Open your eyes while you drive across Rügen. There are so many typical and unique things, sceneries or pictures. The... more travel advice
elgin99's Related Pages
Rügen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Most Northern of Germany - Isle of Rügen"
- "Rügen - Beaches and more"
- "Beautiful Rügen"
- "Isle of Rügen"
- "Rügen & Usedom"
- "Germany's Biggest Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rügen
- Hotels in Rügen
- Transportation in Rügen
- Restaurants in Rügen
- Shopping in Rügen
- Warnings and Dangers in Rügen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rügen
- 30 Reviews
- 143 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Rügen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rügen
Photos in RügenSee All Photos (143)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Thüringen Intro, 72 reviews, 186 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rügen Intro, 30 reviews, 143 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tabarz Intro, 24 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 42 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Rheinland-Pfalz Intro, 37 reviews, 77 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 31 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Hessen Intro, 24 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bretagne Intro, 19 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination FYR of Macedonia Intro, 20 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos