"Bavarian tours" Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria by elgin99

Bavaria Travel Guide: 12,169 reviews and 35,906 photos

Palace Seehof

Okay, what is Bavaria? Alpes, Munich - first what we think for. But Bavaria is more, and so big.
I will show what I visited in the past. So I create some single pages of Bavaria, like Berchtesgaden or Rothenburg o.d.T. and tips of another beautiful Bavarian places on this page.
Welcome and enjoy!

On that picture: Above Palace Seehof. Built 1686, was a bishop summer residence near Bamberg.
Rococo garden with water fountains and Orangerie.

More about Seehof are in my travel tips.

My favourite place

In the north of Bavaria there is a great park, named Eremitage. You found in the town Bayreuth. Its my favourite place and how often I am back in my old home region I visit that park with Orangerie and Palace.
If you are a photo freak you get many chances to shot wonderful pictures, in every season the park has a special flair. Very nice also the water fountains.
For more have a look in my tips and the travelogue album about Eremitage, below.

Basilica Waldsassen

The next place which I like very much. It is one very beautiful monastery and church near the border to Czechia (Eger). Very interesting, also as cultural tour and with an fascinating old library.

Please read more about Waldsassen and other beautiful places in Bavaria at following pages and tips, also about Waldsassen.

Time by time I´ll update my Bavarian tips. Please have an attention for the new ones.

• Last visit to Bavaria: Dec 2005
  • Intro Updated May 30, 2006

elgin99

“Every trip ends, but not your memories.”

Badges & Stats in Bavaria

Have you been to Bavaria?

Latest Activity in Bavaria