Berchtesgadener Alpen Sports & Outdoors Tips by elgin99
Berchtesgadener Alpen Sports & Outdoors: 3 reviews and 3 photos
Wonderful hiking tours around this region. E.g. Blaueis glacier, Reiteralpe, Hintersee.
Please look for this map on picture.
Map with bigger size: Ramsau
Tours made by myself:
1 Halsalm for start, more easy
3 Bindalm easy and nice, but long
A to Blaueishütte (glacier), more difficult and longer
B Watzmannhaus, for trained
C/D Wimbachschloss, Wimbachgrieshütte
E Hirschbichl, trained
right Hochkalter, cop. v. Halstenbek
The Hochkalter massif (2607 ms) is a striking group in the Berchtesgadener alps. She lies between the Watzmann in the east and the Reiteralpen in the west. The small Blaueis (blue ice) on Hochkalter is the most northern glacier of the Alps.
Base for the ascent of Hochkalter is the Blaueishütte (1653 m) in the Blaueis region below the glacier. One reaches the cottage (overnight) from Hintersee (bus) in approx. 2 hours on the good way about the Schärtenalm.
Equipment: Another pictures: Hochkalter
In english with tours: Steinmandl
Address: Ramsau - Hintersee
map of Watzmannhaus tour
Watzmann is the second-highest mountain of Germany and the highest one of the Berchtesgadener land. From the south point of the Watzmann to the Königssee slopes there is the nearly 2,000 m high east wall, the highest cliff fall of the east alps. Even today this is a big challenge for the alpinist.
Walking to Watzmannhaus: house of Alpine Club, 1.928 ms high, overnight stay possibility, open at the beginning of June to 30th September. One reaches the house high above the Berchtesgadener valley from the Wimbachbrücke, way in approx. 4 hours. The Watzmannhaus serves as a base for the ascent of the high-level corner and the middle point as well as for the way over Watzmann or to the peak.
It was an high experience to go there!
Hang gliding is possible from Rauschberg. Nothing for myself, maybe a tip for you?
More Reviews (12)
elgin99's Related Pages
Berchtesgadener Alpen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Around Berchtesgaden and Ruhpolding"
- "Watzmann - a 3 days mountain tour"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Kissimmee Hotels
- Saint Julian's
- Lake Memphremagog Hotels
- Province of Quebec
- Salt Lake City Hotels
- New York State
- Port Dickson
- Zimbabwe Hotels
- Annisquam Hotels
- Kelowna Hotels
- Mackinac Island Hotels
- Upper Matecumbe Key Hotels
- Minneriya Hotels
- Madison Heights Hotels
Badges & Stats in Berchtesgadener Alpen
- 16 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Berchtesgadener Alpen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Berchtesgadener Alpen
- Posted in Travel Bretagne Forum "RE: Lorient based week advise..."
- Wrote a Review Hiking tours in region Ramsau and Watzmann in Berchtesgadener Alpen Sports & Outdoors
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hiking tours in region Ramsau and Watzmann"
- updated a Berchtesgadener Alpen Travel Page "Around Berchtesgaden and Ruhpolding"
Photos in Berchtesgadener AlpenSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Thüringen Intro, 72 reviews, 186 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rügen Intro, 30 reviews, 143 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tabarz Intro, 24 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 42 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Rheinland-Pfalz Intro, 37 reviews, 77 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 31 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Hessen Intro, 24 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bretagne Intro, 19 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination FYR of Macedonia Intro, 20 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos