"Cowboy town, 15km to nearest beach." Top 5 Page for this destination Chumphon by reezal
Chumphon Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 83 photos
Arrived this small town at 3am from Butterworth....first impression was scared, wrong destination and etc. As I was moving towards the exit after disembarking frm the train, I saw the information counter still operating at 3am, my views quickly changed. Even in M'sia the counter will have been closed by this time.
Chumphon is a sea coast city parallel to the Gulf of Thailand. It is the gateway to other southern provinces. Along more than 200 kilometres of Chumphon's seashore, there are many beautiful and picturesque beaches.
Chumphon' is believed to derive from 'Chumnumphon', which means the accumulation of forces. Whenever there was any movements of the army, the soldiers would gather their forces here at this province.
Its also a transit point for u to go to Koh Tao, Ko Phangan, Koh Samui and other nearby islands.
Some of the nice beaches at Chumphon are :
1)Thung Wua Lean Beach
2) Sai Ree Beach
4)Khor Kaho beach
5)Tawan Chai beach
7)Thung Makham Bay
Magnificent islands near to Chumphon :
- Pros:Clean, helpful ppl and cheap.
- In a nutshell:Nothing much to c & do except the beach and Islands
From Chumphon, there are several boats (fast & slow) leaving for Koh Tao and Phangan daily. Fares and time as follows... more travel advice
Getting around chumphon to other places is very easy and cheap. There are motocyle taxis which u can rent in the city .... more travel advice
reezal's Related Pages
Chumphon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chumphon & Koh Tao Hotels"
- "Chumphon - Small town & big offerings"
- "Cowboy town, 15km to nearest beach."
- "Probably worth longer than I spent."
- "Chumphon Thailand"
- "SOUTH EAST ASIA 2006:PART 18:CHUMPHON"
- "Wattham Kwan Muang, Chumphon, Thailand"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chumphon
- Hotels in Chumphon
- Transportation in Chumphon
- Nightlife in Chumphon
- Restaurants in Chumphon
- Shopping in Chumphon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chumphon
- 10 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Chumphon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chumphon
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lumut Intro, 19 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Selangor Intro, 19 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sinaia Intro, 4 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Bandung Intro, 8 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chumphon Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Teluk Intan Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos
- Jakarta Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues