"Sevastopol-navy city" Sevastopol' by Lensa
Sevastopol' Travel Guide: 159 reviews and 403 photos
Sevastopol is a Black Sea port of Ukraine and one of the major industrial, scientific, and cultural centers of the country and Eastern Europe in general. During USSR period it was a closed city, and it was very hard to visit it, even for Russians and Ukrainians. All educational institutions were meant to educate young people for Navy purposes.
The city is located on the site of the ancient Greek colony, Khersonesus.
Sevastopol itself and the Black Sea Fleet, based in the city, have occupied a prominent place in Russian and Soviet history.
The absolute majority of the population is Russian-speaking.
Sevastopol is located in the southwestern part of the Crimean Peninsula, on the same parallel with the Italian city of Milan and the French city of Lyons.
Phone code inside Ukraine is 0692
International phone code is +380-692
ZIP : 99000
Time zone : +2 (Eastern Europe)
Unofficialy, they call this monument "A dream of an impotent" :-))) more travel advice
The monument to the submerged ships of the Black Sea Fleet. It is located in the Sevastopol Bay and was built in 1905.... more travel advice
Lensa's Related Pages
Sevastopol' Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A formerly closed city trying to get it's sea legs"
- "Sevastopol'-the city of Russian glory"
- "Sevastopol! Take a step back in time!"
- "Sevastopol - city of monuments"
- "Sevastopol-navy city"
- " SO SPECIAL... "
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sevastopol'
- Hotels in Sevastopol'
- Transportation in Sevastopol'
- Nightlife in Sevastopol'
- Restaurants in Sevastopol'
- Shopping in Sevastopol'
- Warnings and Dangers in Sevastopol'
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sevastopol'
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Sevastopol'?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sevastopol'
Photos in Sevastopol'See All Photos (7)
Top 5 Pages
- Nova Kakhovka Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Kiev Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Azov Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Warsaw Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Sevastopol' Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos