"Phil's world of Pinnage" Philpinnage's Profile

Pinnage.

This is the concept of having a map on the wall and putting pins in it to say where we have been. Loads of people do it, warning this can get competitive.

So far my fiancee and I have racked up about 30 something countries and so are still quite a few from completing the task of visiting them all.

We have had the most amazing times travelling - seeing, tasting, meeting and experiancing. Nothing else is quite like it.
Timea nd money are keeping me in check although we are saving money for the big break to travel the world. Not sure when - maybe just a pipe dream but one day, one day....

2005

This year has been really really fun. Been even more off the beaten path this year, in attempt to travel but keep finances in check.

Started off with a fantastic trip into the Baltic in February and meeting up with my first VT member - Lana from Riga.
Lana was great and showed us round some of the sights and introduced us to her, and now my, favourite cafe in Riga - the spinster and the cat. Followed that with outdoor Jacuzzi in Lithuania and Skiing in estonia!
We managed a short break to Rome for Easter - one of those breaks that doesn't involve any days of work whihca re in short supply.

Then it was the secret holiday I had been planning for ages - To Romania and Moldova. Moldova was a true adventure, a country that so many people haven't even heard of. For more go to the Moldova page.

Stag do in Budapest was altered slightly into a 5 day holiday, Kathy did some sightseeing whilst I went with the stag party exploring the bars of Budapest. At the point I would like to point out that we in no way contributed to the appalling reputation of British Stag dos in Eastern Europe, best behaviour all round.
Left the stag group and headed out with Kathy to Eger and Tokaj.

Slovenia in September to check out Otocec castle that we were thinking of useing as our wedding venue. We have no connections to Slovenia but loving travelling as much as we do we wanted soemthing a bit different - I am pleased to say that Otocec promises most of what we wanted and we are going ahead with the wedding planning in earnest now.

I havea surprise holiday coming up, not sure where Kathy has it all arranged, but it is mid November and it will be hot and we don't have much cash which pretty much means it is North Africa or the middle East, wherever it is I can't wait

And New year is coming and after the delights of Poland 02/03 I am itching to repeat the performance, Ukraine is the current front runner for where we'll be but haven't made firm plans yet.

• Intro Updated Sep 26, 2005

• takla73's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2007 at 11:18 AM

Happy Birthday PHIL and have a nice day Greeting from Alexandria Egypt TAKLA

• LanaFromRiga's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2006 at 3:53 AM

Wishing you all the best during New 2007 Year!!!

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2006 at 10:06 PM

Hey there!! I hope you have a wonderful day. Happy Birthday to you:-)

• Kaynisa's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2006 at 7:59 PM

Heya.. Happy birthday to you♫ Happy birthday to you♫♫ Happy birthday to you ♫ Happy birthday to you♫♫ Greetings from Malaysia~~K~~

• Dialing's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2005 at 8:56 AM

Hi! Happened to see your pages, interesting motto! And good map coverage already! :) Sunshine! Anna

• Buckz's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2004 at 7:38 AM

You are doing well enough on pins- and very well on amount of land coloured in. Keep up the pinnage!

• grets's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2004 at 9:17 AM

Welcome to VT Phil!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!