"Nang Rong, Buriram, Thailand" Nang Rong by Paul_the_Seeker
Nang Rong Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 152 photos
We visited a friend who lives here. It is not a touristy town by any means, but that is one reason why we liked it. Everything in town is not more than a five-minute drive away (and a not much longer walk). There are a couple small hospitals, a few inns, some great places to eat, a market area, and the usual gas stations (complete with coffee shops) and 7-11. The people are friendly and relaxed. When I was there, I kept thinking how nice it would be to live in such a relaxing environment. The grass always seems greener... well it was brown then: dry season. It would be a nice place to camp out for a while and learn Thai, with maybe a bicycle as the biggest worldly possesion I would desire (they have internet cafes).
One of the main tourist attractions is the ancient Khmer monument, Prasat Phanom Rung, built in the 10th-13th centuries for the Hindu god, Shiva. It is built on the only hill in the area, which is an extinct volcano. The complex faces east, towards Angkor Wat. On four days of the year, sunlight will pass clear through the main structure.
Prasat Muang Tam is another ancient Khmer monument a few kilometers south and is another worthwile visit.
I have many photos of these two places and will post them soon.
Paul_the_Seeker's Related Pages
Nang Rong Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Phnom Rung Historical Park and Prasat Muang Tam"
- "Nang Rong, Buriram, Thailand"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nang Rong
- Hotels in Nang Rong
- Transportation in Nang Rong
- Restaurants in Nang Rong
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nang Rong
- 0 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Nang Rong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nang Rong
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 8 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
- Krabi Intro, 2 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Carrollton Intro, 1 review, 19 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hua Hin Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
- Nang Rong Intro, 15 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ban Khao Lak Intro, 1 review, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Thailand Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chiang Mai Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pattaya Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Phuket Intro, 3 photos