"It's all about the R&R" Akumal by frecklesoup
Akumal Travel Guide: 82 reviews and 206 photos
The last time I visited this area of the Yucatan was in 1986. Back then, there was pretty much nothin south of Cancun except beautiful beaches and the occasional small resort (if you could call them that.) Now, it's wall-to-wall All-Inclusives.
The beaches, however, are still some of the most beautiful I've seen. And if you're looking for lots of R&R, along with opportunities for some good fun--I highly recommend it!
- Pros:Beautiful Beaches, Lots of activities, Friendly People
- Cons:Some price-gouging, Crowded, Far from airport
- In a nutshell:A wonderful and relaxing get-away
We booked a trip through Aveturas Maya called "Tulum Extreme" that was a BLAST!! It included a zip line, a rappel,... more travel advice
frecklesoup's Related Pages
Akumal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Anti Playa Del Carmen!"
- "Akumal Bay - Laid back Mexico"
- "Place of the turtles"
- "It's all about the R&R"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Akumal
- Hotels in Akumal
- Transportation in Akumal
- Restaurants in Akumal
- Shopping in Akumal
- Warnings and Dangers in Akumal
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Akumal
- 2 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Akumal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Akumal
Top 5 Pages
- Akumal Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Italy Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cuba Intro, 1 review, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Bali Intro, 1 review, 2 photos