"San Pedro, Ambergris Caye" Top 5 Page for this destination San Pedro by lacole
San Pedro Travel Guide: 74 reviews and 190 photos
I learned about Belize, but more specifically, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, when scouting out a place to have my destination wedding. We invited 22 close friends and family to attend our wedding on Ambergris Caye. We spent 8 days there with the first 4 days preparing for our wedding. However, we did manage to break away and participate in the activities we'd planned for our guests, which included a sunset cruise on a catamaran and a tour to the Mayan Ruin, Altun Ha.
If you're like many others, you're thinking why Belize? First, WE LIKE TO TRAVEL!!!!! Second, if you're a diver(like my husband) and a snorkler( like myself), you have the Barrier Reefs and The Blue Hole at your sight and fingertips. Third, who can pass up having a beach wedding? Feeling the white sand in between your toes, looking up at the blue sky and inhaling the scents of the sea as the wind gingerly your kisses your skin. What a feeling.
Eight days in Paradise, who could ask for more? The people were very friendly and welcoming. The food was good.
Most of our guests arrived on the same day and took the same flight into Belize. So, that evening we surprised them with a private sunset cruise on a catamaran by Unity Tours. They were quite surprised. That day, some conquered the fear of flying and some overcame the fear of the water too.
They spent the time getting to know one another, relaxing, swimming, drinking and dancing.
- Pros:Friendly people, slow paced, good food, lots of activities
- Cons:lots of seagrass
- In a nutshell:PARADISE FOUND
The Palms are beautiful condo units some are owned and some aren't. There are no two suites that are the same. Ask to... more travel advice
lacole's Related Pages
San Pedro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Pedro, Ambergris Caye"
- "How do we get to "Jurrasic Park"?"
- "La Isla Bonita !"
- "Getting overcrowded, but had some appeal"
- "La Isla Bonita"
- "San Pedro"
- "Treasure Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Pedro
- Hotels in San Pedro
- Transportation in San Pedro
- Nightlife in San Pedro
- Restaurants in San Pedro
- Shopping in San Pedro
- Warnings and Dangers in San Pedro
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Pedro
- 23 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to San Pedro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Pedro
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Pedro Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos
- San Juan Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos
- Maui Intro, 3 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- California Intro, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Annecy Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Oakland Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Han Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Antwerp Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos