"San Pedro, Ambergris Caye" Top 5 Page for this destination San Pedro by lacole

San Pedro Travel Guide: 74 reviews and 190 photos

I learned about Belize, but more specifically, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, when scouting out a place to have my destination wedding. We invited 22 close friends and family to attend our wedding on Ambergris Caye. We spent 8 days there with the first 4 days preparing for our wedding. However, we did manage to break away and participate in the activities we'd planned for our guests, which included a sunset cruise on a catamaran and a tour to the Mayan Ruin, Altun Ha.
If you're like many others, you're thinking why Belize? First, WE LIKE TO TRAVEL!!!!! Second, if you're a diver(like my husband) and a snorkler( like myself), you have the Barrier Reefs and The Blue Hole at your sight and fingertips. Third, who can pass up having a beach wedding? Feeling the white sand in between your toes, looking up at the blue sky and inhaling the scents of the sea as the wind gingerly your kisses your skin. What a feeling.

Eight days in Paradise, who could ask for more? The people were very friendly and welcoming. The food was good.

Most of our guests arrived on the same day and took the same flight into Belize. So, that evening we surprised them with a private sunset cruise on a catamaran by Unity Tours. They were quite surprised. That day, some conquered the fear of flying and some overcame the fear of the water too.
They spent the time getting to know one another, relaxing, swimming, drinking and dancing.

• Pros:Friendly people, slow paced, good food, lots of activities
  • Cons:lots of seagrass
  • In a nutshell:PARADISE FOUND
  • Last visit to San Pedro: May 2004
  • Intro Updated Nov 19, 2004

• LostBoyPN's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2006 at 10:14 PM

Altun Ha looked really cool. Glad you had a good time there.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2005 at 3:43 PM

It is not hard to tell that you had an amazing time here for your Wedding celebrations!! Excellent pics and tips on your Belize experiences. Thanks for the help, hoping to travel to Ambergris in Feb/06.

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2005 at 8:17 PM

Wonderful page! You brought back many good memories for me & I can hardly wait to get back here next month! I had to laugh at "disregard my oily face" - I'll be saying the same thing soon! ; )

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2004 at 4:13 PM

My dear Lacole, nice trip you have of San Pedro; I truely enjoyed myself. Well done.

• eddymario's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2004 at 5:02 PM

Nice page and pics, I am going to spend one day during a cruise at Belize, do you have tips what would be nice to do at Belize for one day ? Eddy ( Belgium)

• Arm-Chair-Hero's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2004 at 7:29 AM

I like your writing feels like I have been there...did you buy any carvings?

lacole

“Travelling-My passion.....My life”

Badges & Stats in San Pedro

Have you been to San Pedro?

Latest Activity in San Pedro