"Pago Pago" Pago Pago by scaleguy
Pago Pago Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 8 photos
I went to Pago Pago for business. I spent a week working at the Chicken of the Sea tuna factory. I arrived at 11 PM and my first impression was a beautiful place. When the sun came up I was a little disappointed. It was still a beautiful place but there are some issues with sanitation. Most of the island is National Forest land and the people cannot develop it. This makes getting rid of garbage a little tough. Therefore the garbage tends to pile up. Other than that I really enjoyed my trip. The scenery is most impressive. I highly recommend taking time to talk to the locals. For the most part they are very religious and will tell you great stories.
Getting from Honolulu to Pago Pago is an adventure all it own. Most stuff comes to the island by ship. When the people fly they tend to pack everything. My plane actually returned to the gate and people were asked to volenteer to get off the plane and take their stuff with them. The plane was to heavy to get off the ground.
- Pros:Beautiul scenery, friendly people, barter system works
- Cons:dirty, congested, not many beaches.
- In a nutshell:Nice place to visit, but you'll be glad to get home.
Every where you go you will see dogs and chickens. Nobody seems to own them and the locals like to watch the dog fights... more travel advice
There is a McDonalds and KFC on the island. I did not have the time to eat there though. more travel advice
scaleguy's Related Pages
Pago Pago Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pago Pago"
- "ammie's Pago Pago Page"
- "PAGO PAGO"
- "Oh Samoa I never will forget you"
- "Great Place to Explore as a Youngster"
- "What a contrast"
- "Rain, Somerset Maugham, and other Americana"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pago Pago
- Hotels in Pago Pago
- Transportation in Pago Pago
- Shopping in Pago Pago
- Warnings and Dangers in Pago Pago
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pago Pago
- 12 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Pago Pago?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pago Pago
Top 10 Pages
- Cape Town Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos
- Puerto Rico Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos
- Oahu 5 reviews, 21 photos
- Panama City Beach Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Pago Pago Intro, 12 reviews
- Birmingham Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Devils Tower Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Springdale 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Mount Rushmore National Memorial Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Murdo Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
No friends yet.