"Kom Ombo, the "crocodile town"" Kawm Umbu by hez28
Kawm Umbu Travel Guide: 54 reviews and 272 photos
Kom Ombo was our stop after Edfu, before reaching Aswan. It was just perfect timing when we arrived there; we had had our yummy barbeque lunch on the ship, enjoyed the beautiful views by the Nile River, and at 5 pm we reached the little town of Kom Ombo.
We went directly to the temple of Kom Ombo which was within walking distance. The temple was a perfect view – very beautifully lit, and would look pretty in photos. If only there weren’t so many tourists…
The town of Kom Ombo had been popularly known as Pa-Sebek (Land of Sobek) in the ancient times for the region’s worship of the crocodile god.
Kom Ombo also was a military base and a trading centre between Egypt and Nubia, but nowadays the main attraction is none other than the Temple of Kom Ombo.
Hathor Shrine is located on the right side of the temple. This is where u can find some mummified crocodiles, and their... more travel advice
hez28's Related Pages
Kawm Umbu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "From Luxor to Aswan via Kom Ombo"
- "Dual Temple of Sobek and Horus"
- "THE CROCODILE TEMPLE"
- "Temple of Kom Ombo/Kawm Umbu"
- "Kom Ombu / Kawm Umbu - Either way, it was fun!"
- "Kom Ombo Temple"
- "Kawm Umbu / Kom Ombo - with a view on the Nile"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kawm Umbu
- Transportation in Kawm Umbu
- Nightlife in Kawm Umbu
- Restaurants in Kawm Umbu
- Shopping in Kawm Umbu
- Warnings and Dangers in Kawm Umbu
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kawm Umbu
- 2 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Kawm Umbu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kawm Umbu
Top 10 Pages
- Phumi Siem Reab Intro, 14 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 15 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 8 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Perth Intro, 10 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Borobudur Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kota Belud Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 4 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fremantle Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos