"Birthplace of the Cowboys of the East" Kota Belud by hez28
Kota Belud Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 32 photos
I was recently here for 2 days to handle the Globe Trekker crew from Discovery Travel and Living. It was my 2nd time here after so long. Not many things have changed, especially my impression of this town, it definitely hasn't changed.
Kota Belud in my personal opinion is a very strange town. It's not chaotic like other cities/towns in Sabah. Everyone on the street looks high and somewhat in a moody state. And this place is very well-known for having weird/crazy people on the streets.
While walking on the street I bumped into lots of men dressed up funny, smelling like garbage, carrying empty plastic bags in one hand and.... a dagger in the other hand. Yep, a DAGGER. Apparently, they think that they're the Bajau warriors/horsemen. This is what the "sane" locals said..
It's all good :-)
Me trying to tame a goat :)
- Pros:Beautiful landscapes
- In a nutshell:Something different for a Sabahan town
The nature in Kota Belud is amazing. It’s a beautiful drive here from Kota Kinabalu. Along the way you will see... more travel advice
Here are my colleagues modelling/wearing the Bajau costume. The Bajau costume actually comes in different colors; green... more travel advice
hez28's Related Pages
Kota Belud Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Birthplace of the Cowboys of the East"
- "Horses, cows, cow dung and a big tamu!!!"
- "The 50 Year-Old Village - Taginambur"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kota Belud
- 5 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Kota Belud?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kota Belud
Top 10 Pages
- Perth Intro, 10 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Borobudur Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos
- Kota Belud Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fremantle Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos
- Kuala Lumpur 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Kawm Umbu Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Alexandria Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pyramids of Giza Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Sydney 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 1 review, 6 photos