"Cocoa Town" Tawau by hez28
Tawau Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 36 photos
Tawau is a small town on the east coast of Sabah that's rich with nature; namely centuries-old trees, cocoa plantations, and an Indonesian culture :)
I visited Balung River Eco Resort, the cocoa plantations, and Tawau Hills Park which is a park that's well-known for having plenty of species of plants. Sounds boring. But if you're there you'll be amazed! I promise you.
Those places I went to are pretty much what Tawau has to offer.
Actually, there is the Maliau Basin Conservation Area that's 5 hours drive from Tawau. I didn't go there as it is super expensive, RM2,730.00! Maybe next time.
Be prepared to encounter the friendly leeches when doing your jungle exploration :)
- In a nutshell:For someone who loves and appreciates nature, Tawau is a must-visit!
hez28's Related Pages
Tawau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tawau ~ The Cocoa City of Asia"
- "FOND MEMORIES....."
- "Cocoa Town"
- "Enjoyable 3 Days 2 Nights Tawau Sabah Trip"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tawau
- Hotels in Tawau
- Transportation in Tawau
- Restaurants in Tawau
- Shopping in Tawau
- Warnings and Dangers in Tawau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tawau
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Tawau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tawau
Top 10 Pages
- Phumi Siem Reab Intro, 14 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 15 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 8 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Perth Intro, 10 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Borobudur Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kota Belud Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 4 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fremantle Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos