"Keningau" Keningau by hez28

Keningau Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 13 photos

Right.. As far as I'm concerned.. Keningau is not a tourist spot. But I've decided to do a page on this place anyway, as a dedication to my mum - it's her kampung. Although this page could be useful for those I-just-go-anywhere tourists/wanderers. Unknown places like this COULD be appealing to you..

Keningau (Pronounced Ke-nee-ngau)

I hardly come to Keningau, the last time I came here was November 2005 to celebrate Eid. I do not like the journey here. Although it is only 2 hours but the roads are really bad.

My Keningau Story

This is a Christian-populated town so a huge Muslim celebration is impossible.. unless you have your relatives and contacts to gather with. On the morning of Eid, I was suprised to see that very few people turned up at the mosque for Eid prayers. I asked my father why. He said hardly any Muslims live here. Hmm that got me wondering for a bit until khutbah came. Khutbah is like a sermon..given after the prayers. It was so unprepared; there was no imam first of all to conduct the khutbah, and secondly, the things the imam said were just general stuff..it had nothing to do with Eid, our Islamic celebration. Talk about disorganized. Still curious, I asked a local at the mosque "what's going on?".. She said "Ahh, don't worry. This is normal. Nobody cares anyway. Nobody listens to khutbah" Hmph.. there goes my morning cheerful Eid spirit =|

• Pros:Still rich with nature
  • Cons:Too many immigrants you hardly see locals!
  • Last visit to Keningau: Nov 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 8, 2006

• muddybok's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2005 at 10:38 AM

Hahaha! Funny story this one. You actually see me shy today eh!

• airasia's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2005 at 6:47 AM

well i am actually there for a day work. So in lieu with that, i am taking the oppurnity to hang around a little longer. I am suppose to go end dec. But a little lazy. So depends on the mood i guess

hez28

“Wealth is of the heart and mind, not the pocket”

Badges & Stats in Keningau

Have you been to Keningau?

Latest Activity in Keningau