"Borobudur" Top 5 Page for this destination Borobudur by hez28
Borobudur Travel Guide: 191 reviews and 644 photos
My visit to Yogyakarta was mainly because of Borobudur. I wanted to come HERE. After visiting the Pyramids of Giza in Cairo and various other temples in Egypt, I thought hey why not visit one that is close to home, in South East Asia. Borobudur got me interested in archeology even more. Its captivating history about Buddhism, which I’d learned only a little bit during my school years enlightened me..
I think to get you interested in religion studies, you’d actually have to experience it first hand. Not to the extent of converting to the religion itself, but by visiting its history and learning how it came about. In this case, visiting the temple of Borobudur to get some insights into Buddhism and its philosophy.
After this visit, I became even more inspired to visit other archeological sites around the world; Machu Picchu in Cuzco, the Acropolis in Athens, Petra in Jordan, the Bagan in Myanmar, the Chichen Itza and Palenque in the Yucatan Peninsula, and the ever-popular Angkor Wat in Siem Reap which I’m about to do next month! :-)
- Pros:A place for serenity, reflection.
This is an opportunity for you to talk to the locals and for them to practice their English. There will be research... more travel advice
Your visit to the Borobudur might take long. Especially on a sunny day you will get thirsty. So grab a drink from... more travel advice
hez28's Related Pages
Borobudur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Under Contruction - Raffles' Other Discovery"
- "Borobudur, lost in time"
- "IMPREXXION: YOGYAKARTA-BOROBUDOR-PRAMBANAN"
- "Central Java - Borobudur"
- "Magical Borobudur"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Borobudur
- Hotels in Borobudur
- Transportation in Borobudur
- Nightlife in Borobudur
- Restaurants in Borobudur
- Shopping in Borobudur
- Warnings and Dangers in Borobudur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Borobudur
- 12 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Borobudur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Borobudur
Photos in BorobudurSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Perth Intro, 10 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Borobudur Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos
- Kota Belud Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fremantle Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos
- Kuala Lumpur 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Kawm Umbu Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Alexandria Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pyramids of Giza Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Sydney 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 1 review, 6 photos