"The 3rd biggest city in Denmark" Top 5 Page for this destination Ålborg by Caniko
Ålborg Travel Guide: 73 reviews and 187 photos
Aalborg, on the limfjord, is the charming capital of north Jutland. I visit there almost once a year because my Danish family lives there. I feel very comfortable and relax being there because I live in Istanbul where the most noisy city with all that trafic jam and a lot of people.
In the city center you will find many old buildings and fascinating milieus that provide the setting for a bustling urban life. It was surprize for me to see there was nobody on the streets and almost all shops were closed saturday afternoon.
Aalborg was founded by the Vikings and you can rediscover the Viking age at the Scandinavia's largest buriel place, Lindholm Hoje and Viking museum.
Aalborg is a lively place with lots of things going on at night. The centre of the city of Aalborg has a network of pedestrian areas lined with shops, cafes and restaurants, festivals, discotheques and not to forget almost 300 restaurants, where you can find everything from classic danish cuisine to exiting ethnic specialities. Jomfru Ane Gade - Northeuropes longest amusement street is a chapter on its own, especially in the evening where there is a lot of action and people in a festive mood.
If you like this kind of entertainment this is great for you. The city council had bought Aalborg Tivoli so you can go... more travel advice
Not all roads lead to Aalborg – but almost. Good connections by plane, train, car and ferry make it easy to get here... more travel advice
Caniko's Related Pages
Ålborg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Aalborg - A Revitalized City"
- "The 3rd biggest city in Denmark"
- "Center of northern Danish industry"
- "The lively capital of North Jutland"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ålborg
- Hotels in Ålborg
- Transportation in Ålborg
- Nightlife in Ålborg
- Restaurants in Ålborg
- Shopping in Ålborg
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ålborg
- 12 Reviews
- 54 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Ålborg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ålborg
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ålborg Intro, 12 reviews, 54 photos
- Århus Intro, 13 reviews, 33 photos
- Uriage-les-Bains Intro, 8 reviews, 35 photos
- Shanghai 7 reviews, 32 photos
- Mardin Ili Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iznik Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skagen Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos
- Istanbul Ili Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos
- Grenoble Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monte-Carlo Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos