"The oldest capital city" Top 5 Page for this destination Iznik by Caniko
Iznik Travel Guide: 60 reviews and 246 photos
Iznik formerly known as Nicea, lies at the eastern tip of Lake Iznik. Originally an importent Roman and Byzantine town, it fell to Selcuks in 1078 and subsequently to thr Ottomans in 1331 and remained under the sovereignty of Ottoman Empire for a long time.
- Pros:It is very cosy to be there anytime of the year.
- In a nutshell:Wonderful for history lovers.
If you visit Istanbul , Iznik is just 2 hours from Istanbul by a rented car. You should come to Asian side first and... more travel advice
Caniko's Related Pages
Iznik Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A colorful mosaic of conquests and cultures"
- "The oldest capital city"
- "Small and interesting"
- "IZNIK, THE CAPITAL OF TWO EMPIRES"
- "Iznik Lake, Bursa, TR ...."
- "Iznik & Nicea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Iznik
- Hotels in Iznik
- Transportation in Iznik
- Restaurants in Iznik
- Shopping in Iznik
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Iznik
- 15 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Iznik?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Iznik
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ålborg Intro, 12 reviews, 54 photos
- Århus Intro, 13 reviews, 33 photos
- Uriage-les-Bains Intro, 8 reviews, 35 photos
- Shanghai 7 reviews, 32 photos
- Mardin Ili Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iznik Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skagen Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos
- Istanbul Ili Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos
- Grenoble Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monte-Carlo Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos