"Dar Es Salaam - Haven of Peace" Top 5 Page for this destination Dar es Salaam by Kentigern
Dar es Salaam Travel Guide: 159 reviews and 349 photos
Although Dar Es Salaam is situated in one of the poorest countries of the world, the richness of culture and the greatness of hospitality more than makes up for any material poverty that is experienced there.
As an "mzungo" (European) who visits regularly, I can testify to the locals' friendship and hospitality.
You will regularly be greeted with a smile from strangers and the words "Jambo" or "Mambo", which is strictly translated as "News". Reply with the statement "Poa" (which means "cool") and you will have everyone laughing.
I will be honest and say that of all the countries I have visited in my lifetime, I will always return to Dar Es Salaam.
There is a magic there that really does make it the haven of peace.
- Pros:Hospitality, Friendly Locals, Nightlife, Bars
- Cons:Poor Transport, mad driving (seriously mad!).
- In a nutshell:Somewhere you must visit before you die.
This is a sensible tip for most developing market countries. No matter what rate you are being offered, never do a deal... more travel advice
If you want some beach experience while you are in Dar, then visit Kipepeo Beach. To get there, you should go to the... more travel advice
Dar es Salaam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My first taste of Africa"
- "Me, Dar and the Indian Ocean"
- "Dar es Salaam, Tanzania"
- "Dar Es Salaam - Haven of Peace"
- "Dar es Salaam"
- "Capital of the country with vast safari parks."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dar es Salaam
- Hotels in Dar es Salaam
- Transportation in Dar es Salaam
- Nightlife in Dar es Salaam
- Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
- Shopping in Dar es Salaam
- Warnings and Dangers in Dar es Salaam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dar es Salaam
- 9 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Dar es Salaam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dar es Salaam
No friends yet.