"Wanaka and Queenstown" Wanaka by oliNZ
Wanaka Travel Guide: 117 reviews and 373 photos
Wanaka is a beautiful lakeside town in the centre of the South Island of New Zealand. Most famous for its winter sports, Wanaka is the place to be for snowboarding/skiing combined with a fun atmosphere in the winter!
With 3 ski-fields within 20mins of the town, it's the perfect place to be based for a winter of snow action.
My friends and I usually head over for the winter university holidays.
- Pros:Close to skifields, stunning scenery, bustling and exciting atmosphere in winter.
- Cons:Can be hard to find accommodation....
- In a nutshell:Its a beautiful thing.
For those days where weather intervenes and you cant get up the mountain, puzzling world provides hours of 'puzzling'... more travel advice
Great pies from this little bakery, open till late for hungry party goers. more travel advice
Wanaka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wanaka! My fav town in South Island!"
- "Warbirds, wonderful scenery and more .."
- "My base camp for NZ snow experience"
- "Wanaka on Lake Wanaka"
- "SCENIC WANAKA"
- "Wanaka and Queenstown"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wanaka
- Hotels in Wanaka
- Transportation in Wanaka
- Nightlife in Wanaka
- Restaurants in Wanaka
- Warnings and Dangers in Wanaka
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wanaka
- 5 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Wanaka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wanaka
No friends yet.