"Mount Lovcen" Lovcen by peterdhduncan
Lovcen Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 37 photos
Mount Lovcen attracts many people, particularly because the mausoleum of the revered Petar II Petrovic-Njegos, who in the 19th century was both a national leader and a poet, is situated on its summit. Having attained the heights of the car-park, to reach the mausoleum you then have to climb 461 steps, many of them in a tunnel excavated into the mountain.
On the summit, it felt almost as though we were standing on top of the world. Even on a hazy day such as the one on which we visited, the view is of rugged mountains stretching for miles into the distance, with green valleys in the foreground way down below us. On peering through the haze, we could just make out Perast from where we had set off for the day.
peterdhduncan's Related Pages
Lovcen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Prince Njegos' Grave"
- "Njegos's Mountain"
- "Nacionalni park Lovcen"
- "Mount Lovcen"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lovcen
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Lovcen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lovcen
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyrenia District Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Republic of Montenegro Intro, 3 reviews, 29 photos, 6 travelogues
- Haus Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Kas Intro, 7 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Perast Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos
- Ischgl Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Gocek Adasi Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- Kusadasi Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos