"Ischgl" Ischgl by peterdhduncan
Ischgl Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 197 photos
Ischgl is a popular place for skiing, but also a very pleasant and attractive place to visit in the summer. Nestled high up in the Paznaun Valley, it is situated on the Silvretta Pass road, on the south bank of the Trisanna River; flanked by the Silvretta Mountains to the south and the Verwall Mountains to the north.
It is also close to the Swiss and Italian borders as a result of which we were able to join excursions to Scuol in Switzerland and Lake Reschen and Churburg Castle in Italy, and to take the 'Smugglers' Route' into Switzerland. We also visited Landeck' and St Anton' in Austria. You can find out about the other things that we did whilst staying in Ischgl in our 'Things to Do' page.
We travelled with Oak Hall Expeditions and were acommodated at the Hotels Verwall and Chasa Nova.
You can find the full album of pictures from our stay in Ischgl at Webshots.
...Mathon where we had lunch and visited the fascinating museum of local life above the pub. more travel advice
We took the bus up the winding road to Bielerhöhe, and spent a day walking round about two-thirds of the Silvretta... more travel advice
peterdhduncan's Related Pages
Ischgl Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ischgl - the never ending party"
- "Ischgl - the Alpine Ibiza"
- "The Good old Austrian (Apres) Ski village"
- "Happy but tired"
- "It's all downhill in the Alps"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ischgl
- Hotels in Ischgl
- Transportation in Ischgl
- Nightlife in Ischgl
- Restaurants in Ischgl
- Shopping in Ischgl
- Warnings and Dangers in Ischgl
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ischgl
- 11 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Ischgl?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ischgl
Photos in IschglSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyrenia District Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Republic of Montenegro Intro, 3 reviews, 29 photos, 6 travelogues
- Haus Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Kas Intro, 7 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Perast Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos
- Ischgl Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Gocek Adasi Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Cavtat Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- Kusadasi Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos