Gey Hotel Tips by peterdhduncan
Gey Hotels: 1 reviews and 2 photos
View from Rahas
Yedinburunlar Lighthouse, where we stayed for a week in May 2011, is situated in a stunning and remote position at the end of a very rough and rutted track leading from the tiny village of Gey. There is a superb view along the coast from every part of it.
The hotel contains seven rooms for guests, three in the main building and four in separate buildings. We stayed in one of the rooms in a separate building named 'Rahas', which has a rustic appearance, but is very comfortable.
Semra (who is Turkish) and Leon (who is South African) and their small team of staff looked after us very well and provided us with excellent meals, which were mainly vegetarian. Andrea was able to go into the kitchen one morning to learn a bit about Turkish cooking.
3 negative points about our stay:
• One of the hosts' two dogs has not learnt that not everybody likes being jumped upon
• Two of the treks that we were taken on were led by one of the staff, who, although friendly, did not speak English
• The patio area beside our room looked out over the car park (hopefully, this should improve as the vines bush out over the trellis) and its upper area has a pump next to it, which is very noisy when it operates.
However, these points would certainly not stop us from visiting again!
peterdhduncan's Related Pages
Gey Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Salute Hotel
- Castell Hotel am Kurfuerstendamm Berlin
- Hostal Van Gogh
- Bali Rich Luxury Villa
- Asdem Park Hotel
- The Manor House Hotel & Restaurant
- Old Monterey Inn
- Grand Hotel Du Sablon
- The Interlaken Inn
- Gojo Guest House
- Augustus Hotel
- Star Motel
- Hostal Chordeleg
Badges & Stats in Gey
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Gey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gey
Read real reviews about Gey Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyrenia District Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Republic of Montenegro Intro, 3 reviews, 29 photos, 6 travelogues
- Haus Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Kas Intro, 7 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Perast Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos
- Ischgl Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Gocek Adasi Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- Kusadasi Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos