"Konya" Konya by peterdhduncan
Konya Travel Guide: 177 reviews and 603 photos
On arrival at Konya from Sultanhani, we visited the Shrine of Mevlana Celaleddin Rumi, who was the inspiration for the Whirling Dervishes. It is now the Mevlana Museum. As we left, we met some pupils who were keen to talk to us as they had been sent out to practice their English!
We then had an excellent lunch at a restaurant in a back street not far from the museum, which had won an international award from Safeway Supermarkets(!), before travelling on to Egirdir.
peterdhduncan's Related Pages
Konya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Konya - city of Mevlana and Hadja Nasreddin"
- "The City of Mevlana"
- "CAPITAL OF ANATOLIAN SELJUKS"
- "Anything other than love is devoured by love(Rumi)"
- "a holy town,dervishes capital city"
- "Konya an agriculture and history Capitol"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Konya
- Hotels in Konya
- Transportation in Konya
- Nightlife in Konya
- Restaurants in Konya
- Shopping in Konya
- Warnings and Dangers in Konya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Konya
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Konya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Konya
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyrenia District Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Republic of Montenegro Intro, 3 reviews, 29 photos, 6 travelogues
- Haus Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Kas Intro, 7 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Perast Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos
- Ischgl Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Gocek Adasi Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Cavtat Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- Kusadasi Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos