"Our stays in Marietta" Top 5 Page for this destination Marietta by Brijb20
Marietta Travel Guide: 144 reviews and 204 photos
Although I'm a visitor to the area, ( we've been 3 times ), Marietta can hardly be described as a tourist destination. We come because our friends live here and it was originally an introduction to the US for us. Having said it's not a tourist destination we've always liked our time here with plenty of shops and retaurants to visit. Everyone we've met seem very friendly and helpful, (but then again that goes for the whole of the South East that we've visited).
The area is quite heavily populated, (some of the houses are fantastic), with not a lot of room left I think. However they seem to do something in the US that we haven't got the hang of here in the UK. Although it's a heavily populated area, I've never seen as many trees in my life. It puts a totally different perspective on things.
On the whole it is somewhere I could quite easily be happy living. Although if you're like me and enjoy frequenting a bar or two, you will struggle without driving.
This area of course played a large part in the civil war. Kennesaw Mountain was the site of a large battle in 1864, (I... more travel advice
Brijb20's Related Pages
Marietta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Marietta, Georgia"
- "A Typical South Town"
- "The edge of history"
- "Our stays in Marietta"
- "Farseek - Marietta"
- "My Marvelous Marietta Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Marietta
- Hotels in Marietta
- Transportation in Marietta
- Nightlife in Marietta
- Restaurants in Marietta
- Shopping in Marietta
- Warnings and Dangers in Marietta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Marietta
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Marietta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marietta
Photos in MariettaSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Toronto Intro, 8 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 7 reviews, 21 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Pensacola Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Klamath Falls 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marietta Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Savannah Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Anniston Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Charleston 1 review, 4 photos
No friends yet.