"They may have over elaborated a bit" Anniston by Brijb20
Anniston Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 24 photos
As we pulled off th I-20 for the drive into Anniston I thought we were there straight away due to all the Shops, Restaurants etc, but no this is just the area where the Outback and Applebees type places gather near the interstate. This carried on for over 4 miles up to the downtown area where our Hotel was.
We got an info sheet telling us of the refurbished downtown area with loads of historic bars, shops and restaurant. We walked around for hours looking for this area.
Later in the evening I showed the sheet to the hotel barman, he read it and in his Alabama drawl said, "THEY MAY HAVE OVER ELABORATED A BIT".
The main road through was filled with restaurants but every one seemed to be a burger joint. Disappointing really. Luckily our hotel was excellent with a great restaurant.
Brijb20's Related Pages
Anniston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "anniston alabama"
- "Anniston, Alabama"
- "They may have over elaborated a bit"
- "MrGQ's new Anniston Page"
- "What a Hole...."
- "Military Page"
- "Anniston Alabama"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Anniston
- Hotels in Anniston
- Nightlife in Anniston
- Restaurants in Anniston
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Anniston
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Anniston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Anniston
Top 10 Pages
- Toronto Intro, 8 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 7 reviews, 21 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Pensacola Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Klamath Falls 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marietta Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Savannah Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Anniston Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Charleston 1 review, 4 photos
No friends yet.