"Mayon Volcano and its History" Province of Albay by Minnieg
Province of Albay Travel Guide: 162 reviews and 585 photos
The 2,462-meter Mayon, about 340 kilometers southeast of Manila in Albay province, is famous among local and foreign tourists for its near-perfect conical shape despite dozens of eruptions in the past three centuries. The eruption of February 24, 2000 was Mayon's 47th since its first recorded upheaval in 1616. Mayon's last major eruption was in February 1993, when 70 people died and more than 50,000 people were evacuated. It's deadliest eruption was in February 1, 1814 when it buried the entire town of Cagsawa under ash and killed more than 1,300 people.
The Volcano on its happy mood :)
Picture taking during the its eruption. Its amgnifient view of the nature's beauty.
- Pros:The History within
- Cons:Mosquitos and lack of modern conviences
- In a nutshell:Quite place for an afternoon nap!
Minnieg's Related Pages
Province of Albay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Byaheng Albay"
- "Albay is Magayon"
- "Majestic Mayon"
- "Albay is Mayon and Mayon is Albay"
- "everyOne is invited!!!!!"
- "Albay: Tour Around Mayon In One Day"
- "Place of Wonder!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of Albay
- Hotels in Province of Albay
- Transportation in Province of Albay
- Nightlife in Province of Albay
- Restaurants in Province of Albay
- Shopping in Province of Albay
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of Albay
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Province of Albay
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Province of Albay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of Albay
Photos in Province of AlbaySee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Seattle Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Manila Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos
- Victoria Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Salt Lake City Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Portland 1 review, 3 photos
- Nevada Intro, 3 photos
- Tagaytay Intro, 3 photos
- Province of Albay Intro, 3 photos