Cape Town Sports & Outdoors Tips by cokes Top 5 Page for this destination
Cape Town Sports & Outdoors: 48 reviews and 56 photos
When Driving from Blouberg Strand to Cape Town you drive over the Milnerton Lagoon. I must say its something worth seeing. Its absolutely beautiful and everytime I went pass there you always seem to get people wind surfing and kite flying and so forth.
Well I did a bit of research and for those sporty people. Check out the link below for sports activities to do at the lagoon.
Address: 1 Marine Drive
Directions: Milnerton Lagoon Mouth , next to Blouberg Strand.
Phone: +27 21 5578600
The Cape Argus Pick 'n Pay Cycle Tour has already gained international recognition from the UCI, becoming the opening event of the Golden Bike Series, made up of 10 races held in Canada, Switzerland, Italy, The Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Spain, Germany, France and South Africa. Many people regard it as the jewel in the crown of the prestigious series.
Just like the Two Oceans Marathon , its set on a similar route and boasts spectacular scenary.
Equipment: Your Bicycle , and your cycling gear.
Well if you wanna go for a round of Golf , why not try Devonvale Golf coarse in Stellenbosch. Its situated on the wine route and a big plus Devonvale Golf Lodge also has its own vineyards and offers some self catering unit and a hotel.
Yachts docking at the Cape Town Harbour
I was lucky enough to get some pics of the The Volvo Ocean Race Yachts. The race is between Cape Town ,Rio de Jeneiro and Melbourn. These boats happen to be docking at the Harbour in Cape Town so if your were at the V & A Waterfront your would surely see them.
Checkout the website provided to get a better insight of the race.
Well this is the most scenic Marathon and the 2nd most popular Marathon in South Africa. Its a gruelly coarse as runners run over around the Cape Mountains but has spectacular scenary and which also attracts runners from all over the world.
This race is run every year on the Saturday before Easter.
Equipment: For more details on the race and equipment be sure to check out the website provided.
Directions: Check this link for the route http://www.twooceansmarathon.org.za/route.asp
Newlands Cricket Stadium
Well this another of the Great Cricket grounds South Africa has to offer.
This Cricket Grounds host lots of International Cricket countries. Some games of the 2003 Cricket World Cup was played here.
Theme: Sports Watching
Cape to Rio
The 3,600-mile Cape to Rio yacht race takes sailors across the Atlantic Ocean from Cape Town, South Africa, to Isla da Trinidade and then to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
This Race normally takes place in the begining of summer in Cape Town.
More Reviews (65)
- See All Spier
- See All Dinning on top of Table Mountain
- See All 2 Seperate Parking Bays at Boulders...
- See All Warning Signs at Boulders Beach
- See All Shark Wise Boards on the Beach
- Suprise Suprise
cokes' Related Pages
Cape Town Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cape Town"
- "Cape Town"
- "Cape Town"
- "My Home town - Additions under construction"
- "Electrifying Cape Town"
- "Confessions of a Vaalie"
- "Cape Town Peninsula & Wine Lands"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cape Town
- Hotels in Cape Town
- Transportation in Cape Town
- Nightlife in Cape Town
- Restaurants in Cape Town
- Shopping in Cape Town
- Warnings and Dangers in Cape Town
- See All...
Explore the World
- Ise Hotels
- Kuala Kangsar Hotels
- Navsari Hotels
- Pak Tam Chung Hotels
- Hopfen am See
Badges & Stats in Cape Town
- 72 Reviews
- 210 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 51 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Cape Town?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cape Town
Photos in Cape TownSee All Photos (210)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Johannesburg Intro, 118 reviews, 265 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 72 reviews, 212 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sun City Intro, 67 reviews, 216 photos, 7 travelogues
- Jakarta Intro, 28 reviews, 128 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hartbeespoort Intro, 42 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 35 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 25 reviews, 99 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yogyakarta Intro, 12 reviews, 110 photos, 6 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 21 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Durban Intro, 21 reviews, 78 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Cape Town hotel reviews
- House on the Hill
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 4, 2013
- Garden Court de Waal
- 62 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 28, 2013
- 1 on Queens Boutique Guest House Cape Town
- 51 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 28, 2013
- Graeme Hotel
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 29, 2013
- Southern Sun The Cullinan
- 364 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 12, 2013
- Protea Hotel Cape Castle Cape Town
- 61 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Southern Sun Waterfront
- 362 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 8, 2013
- Guesthouse Escape Cape Town
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 21, 2012
- Alphen Hotel
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 14, 2013
- Ezard House
- 58 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 11, 2013
- Atlanticview Capetown Boutique Hotel
- 525 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 9, 2013
- City Lodge Grandwest
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Sweet Orange Guest House
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- Brenwin Guest House
- 46 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013
- Table Mountain- 156 Reviews, 262 Photos
- Cape Point- 111 Reviews, 205 Photos
- Penguins - Boulders Beach- 70 Reviews, 154 Photos
- V & A Waterfront- 67 Reviews, 116 Photos
- Bo-Kaap- 26 Reviews, 63 Photos
- Kirstenbosch Gardens- 54 Reviews, 69 Photos
- Robben Island- 40 Reviews, 55 Photos
- Cape Town CBD- 33 Reviews, 47 Photos
- Two Oceans Aquarium- 24 Reviews, 47 Photos
- Castle of Good Hope- 26 Reviews, 53 Photos
See All Cape Town Things to Do