"The Zulu Kingdom" Top 5 Page for this destination Durban by cokes
Durban Travel Guide: 411 reviews and 841 photos
Is a sophisticated cosmopolitan city of some three million people - a city where east meets west - a city beneath which beats the pulse of Africa. A city known as Africa's best managed busiest port.
Well Let me not lie and tell you Durban City is wonderful because for me personally the city is just like Johannesburg. When driving around the city or going to beach there , there is alot of police presence I guess to protect us from the criminals around there.
I would best advise to either go to the North Coast or the South Coast when visiting Durban. Its very nice , unless when you go to Ushaka in the city which I personally enjoyed. I think the upgrades with the waterfront and mall there was really great at Ushaka and my fondest memory there was having dinner at Ocean Basket overlooking the harbour.
Well guys , remember when I said that the South & North Coast of Durban is quiet nice. Checkout a pic of the South Coast.
With my last visit to Durban I stayed in Balito in the North and I really loved it there. It`s very beautiful and peaceful and we just drove from 1 beach to the next from Balito to Umlanga and really had a great time.
- Pros:Durban has a tropical climate so you can visit there anytime of the year.
- Cons:Nigerians in the city centre , do I have to say more.
- In a nutshell:Go and check it out , its not that bad but move away from the city.
At you Ushaka Marine World you have 2 options. One is to go to the Marine World and the other is to go to Wild N Wet.... more travel advice
This is a beach which is infront on the entrance of Ushaka Marina World. The Beach is free to all to use. The beach... more travel advice
cokes' Related Pages
Durban Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hot Days - Cool waves"
- "Welcome to Durban"
- "Growing to appreciate Durbs-By-The-Sea"
- "DURBAN --- KwaZulu-Natal"
- "The Zulu Kingdom"
- "Durban a beautiful city in Prov.ZwaZululand -Natal"
- "Sunny City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Durban
- Hotels in Durban
- Transportation in Durban
- Nightlife in Durban
- Restaurants in Durban
- Shopping in Durban
- Warnings and Dangers in Durban
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Durban
- 21 Reviews
- 78 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Durban?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Durban
Photos in DurbanSee All Photos (78)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Johannesburg Intro, 118 reviews, 265 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 75 reviews, 227 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sun City Intro, 67 reviews, 216 photos, 7 travelogues
- Jakarta Intro, 28 reviews, 128 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hartbeespoort Intro, 42 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 35 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 25 reviews, 99 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yogyakarta Intro, 12 reviews, 110 photos, 6 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 21 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Durban Intro, 21 reviews, 78 photos, 1 travelogue