"A Day to Enjoy ;-)" Top 5 Page for this destination Hartbeespoort by cokes
Hartbeespoort Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 166 photos
The Hartbeespoort Dam, surrounded by the majesty of the Magaliesberg mountain range, is a popular destination for weekend getaways or day trips. All water sports may be enjoyed including para-sailing, windsurfing, water and jet skiing.
Well The Hartbeespoort Dam falls part of the Bojanala Region. This region is covered in natural bushveld vegetation. With the added attraction of the Magaliesberg, this region has much to offer to the eco-tourist. It is a natural game area with a number of fine game parks.
Here rests the Cradle of Humankind , The area abounds with relics from the Stone Age and early middle and late Iron Age. There are a large number of arts, crafts and curio outlets, especially in the Hartbeespoort Dam.
Sun City , The Pilanesberg Game Reserve also falls part of this region.
- Pros:Its a lovely Sunday outing.
- Cons:Traffic can be a problem when crossing the dam wall.
- In a nutshell:Its a nice outing for a day.
Well I just want to show you guys the ramp from from which the Paragliders and Hand Gliders jump from. There is also a... more travel advice
This is not much of a show , its more like interesting info about the penguins and there habitat with the penguins... more travel advice
- See All More on the Ferry Boat
- See All 1 more look
- See All Who`s got the Muchies
- A Place to Rest
cokes' Related Pages
Hartbeespoort Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Day to Enjoy ;-)"
- "Just 30 minutes out of the big city"
- "Om die Dam!"
- "South Africa in a nutshell"
- "Harites is just enough"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hartbeespoort
- Hotels in Hartbeespoort
- Transportation in Hartbeespoort
- Restaurants in Hartbeespoort
- Shopping in Hartbeespoort
- Warnings and Dangers in Hartbeespoort
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hartbeespoort
- 42 Reviews
- 106 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Hartbeespoort?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hartbeespoort
- Commented on one of cokes's Hartbeespoort tips
- Posted in Travel Bali Forum "Re: Value for money location in..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Seal Show at the Snake Park"
- updated a Hartbeespoort Travelogue "Directions to the Dam from Johannesburg"
- Wrote a Review More on Paragliding and Hand Gliding in Hartbeespoort Sports & Outdoors
Photos in HartbeespoortSee All Photos (106)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Johannesburg Intro, 118 reviews, 265 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 75 reviews, 227 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sun City Intro, 67 reviews, 216 photos, 7 travelogues
- Jakarta Intro, 28 reviews, 128 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hartbeespoort Intro, 42 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 35 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 25 reviews, 99 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yogyakarta Intro, 12 reviews, 110 photos, 6 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 21 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Durban Intro, 21 reviews, 78 photos, 1 travelogue