"The Fast Life , Johannesburg" Top 5 Page for this destination Johannesburg by cokes
Johannesburg Travel Guide: 1,109 reviews and 2,324 photos
This is really the city of Gold and Diamonds.
Its a very small province of South Africa but the richest. When riding around the city all the mines is very visible.
In JNB you gotta drive from place to place because nothing is close by. Johannesburg is divided into North , South East and West.
The nice thing about being in JNB is that there is a network of highways which leads to any part of South Africa. I will post pics of some of the resorts and safari places I have visited close to JNB. Like I said I said you gotta drive from place to place.
By the way before I forget , I would strongly advise not to go near JNB city center. The crime rate is quiet high there and you get the feel of people watching you all the time ,ready to mug you. Besides that there is nothing to do in the city anyway because all the shopping malls got what ever you need and it is safe. Just my opinion , if you up to it , go and check it out for yourself and you`ll see what I`m talking about.
Well to be honest with you guys I always had the perception that there was not that much really to do in Johannesburg. I put myself to the task in trying to find nice places to go to and yep I succeeded. There is lots of nice Safari places which is very close to Johannesburg and trust me its not that expensive. There is still the driving factor but its not that far. So if you plan a short stay in Johannesburg be free to look at my Things To Do section and have a look at some of my travelogues to get a feel of how these places really look like.
There is one place that comes recommended by me when staying in Johannesburg especially if you a family and want to get away from the hussle and bussle and looking for a great bed and breakfast. Be sure to check out my tips of Starling Bed and Breakfast.
Still my favourite weekend destination which is a cool 1 hours drive outside Johannesburg is the Hartbeespoort Dam. I don`t think its a very popular tourist destination but its surely full up with people from Johannesburg on the weekends. If by any chance you making your way to Sun City from Johannesburg or coming from Sun City to Johannesburg I think passing by here will be a wonderful experience. It makes a great day outing and worth checking out.
- Pros:A good place to work in terms of money and career opportunities.
- Cons:High Crime Rate
- In a nutshell:Eat or Be Eaten
I was lucky enough to stay at the hotel 2 days before the opening to the public. So my review of the hotel was as... more travel advice
This is a nice garden to visit. They have alot of different birds here including reptiles and some small animals. They... more travel advice
- See All Oriental Shopping Experience
- See All Mango Airlines
- See All The JSE " Johannesburg Stock Exchange"
- See All Johannesburg International Airport
- See All A good breakfast to start the day
- See All Biltong
cokes' Related Pages
Johannesburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "It's really not as bad as you've been told!"
- "The Fast Life , Johannesburg"
- "Jozi, Joburg, Johannesburg - City of Gold"
- "Believe it or not, this is a great city"
- "A brief visit to Johannesburg"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Johannesburg
- Hotels in Johannesburg
- Transportation in Johannesburg
- Nightlife in Johannesburg
- Restaurants in Johannesburg
- Shopping in Johannesburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Johannesburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Johannesburg
- 118 Reviews
- 259 Photos
- 36 Forum posts
- 48 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Johannesburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Johannesburg
- Uploaded a Video to Johannesburg
- Posted in Travel Bali Forum "Re: Value for money location in..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "New and Nice Hotel in Sandton"
- Commented on one of cokes's Johannesburg tips
- Wrote a Review New and Nice Hotel in Sandton in Johannesburg Hotels
- updated a Johannesburg Travelogue "MonteCasino Bird Gardens"
Photos in JohannesburgSee All Photos (259)
Videos in JohannesburgSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Johannesburg Intro, 118 reviews, 265 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 75 reviews, 227 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sun City Intro, 67 reviews, 216 photos, 7 travelogues
- Jakarta Intro, 28 reviews, 128 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hartbeespoort Intro, 42 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 35 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 25 reviews, 99 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yogyakarta Intro, 12 reviews, 110 photos, 6 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 21 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Durban Intro, 21 reviews, 78 photos, 1 travelogue