Bali Tourist Trap Tips by cokes Top 5 Page for this destination
Bali Tourist Traps: 22 reviews and 16 photos
When you arrive at the airport and get a porter to take your luggage. When they have to take your luggage to a taxi they take to you a taxi counter when you exit the building. Just tell them you don`t want to go there and just go to the drop off point where there is many taxi`s. Taking a taxi here is much cheaper then paying for a taxi from the taxi counter as there is many Blue Bird Taxi`s that await`s you.
Be warned as there is money changers all over the show and they are slick. Almost any shop changes money in Bali but anyway just watch out as a other guy I know was robbed twice in Bali when I was there in the space of 2 days. They would exchange 100US$ and give him a whole lot of IDR 20 000 bills. They put all the money together in one bundle and secretly drop money behind the counter so they give you less.
I descide to change money at the same money changer and I asked to count the money myself as they too wanted to give me IDR 20 000 bills all of the sudden they refuse to exchange the money for me.
I went to another photo shop for a less of a rate the guy gave me IDR 100 000 bills which was all good. Just be warned as well as they don`t want to changed bills thats torn , creased and old or they might just want to give you even a less rate if they agree to exchange the money.
Unique Suggestions: Count the money yourself if you they plan on giving you a whole bunch of small bills.
More Reviews (33)
- See All Rock Bar Ayana Resort
- See All Beautiful Villa for you and your family.
- Sunset Dinner and Fresh Seafood
- See All Kites
- See All Spots to check out
- See All Lovely and Lively place to shop
cokes' Related Pages
Bali Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Making the Choice"
- "BALI an EXCITING TOUR PLACES in INDONESIA"
- "Paradise Island with so much to see and do."
- "Arts, Nature, Harmony"
- "Bali - Paradise on earth and underwater"
- "Wonderful Bali"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bali
- Hotels in Bali
- Transportation in Bali
- Nightlife in Bali
- Restaurants in Bali
- Shopping in Bali
- Warnings and Dangers in Bali
- See All...
Explore the World
- Yaxuná Hotels
- Port Townsend Hotels
- Kartarpur Hotels
- Gulkana Hotels
Badges & Stats in Bali
- 35 Reviews
- 99 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Bali?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bali
Photos in BaliSee All Photos (99)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Johannesburg Intro, 118 reviews, 265 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 72 reviews, 212 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sun City Intro, 67 reviews, 216 photos, 7 travelogues
- Jakarta Intro, 28 reviews, 128 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hartbeespoort Intro, 42 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 35 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 25 reviews, 99 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yogyakarta Intro, 12 reviews, 110 photos, 6 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 21 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Durban Intro, 21 reviews, 78 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Bali hotel reviews
- Beaches- 24 Reviews, 86 Photos
- Sunset- 12 Reviews, 41 Photos
- Temples- 19 Reviews, 64 Photos
- Monkey Forest- 9 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Day Trip- 12 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Parks- 14 Reviews, 69 Photos
- Tanah- 6 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Water Palace- 3 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Markets- 4 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Massage- 5 Reviews, 5 Photos
See All Bali Things to Do