"The City of Hero`s" Top 5 Page for this destination Surabaya by cokes

Surabaya Travel Guide: 192 reviews and 397 photos

Surabaya is a very nice town , crazy traffic but nothing as bad as Jakarta. Lucky for me I went out for a lovely dinner with Blue_sky04 "Fenny" whereby we had local dishes which I really enjoyed. Then Fenny took me around and showed me Surabaya and which I have to say I`m very thankful for that. Thanks for all your help and info about the places I`ve visited.

Surabaya is also the Capital of East Java and the second biggest city in Indonesia. I made Surabaya my base to visit Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park and Malang. I didn`t have enough time to visit Taman Safari in Pandaan but maybe next time as I only got to drive past it. I was lucky to visit Trawas and got see the Candi Jawi and Candi Singosari which I though was absoultely beautiful.

Early the next day Thanks to Iqbal and Ridwaan who took me out to Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park to Mt Penanjakan where I got a beautiful view of Mt Bromo and I was so happy to see Mt Semeru errupt and puff out some ash. It was the 1st time I ever saw volcanic moutains and being so high up with the clouds below me and the cool air and beautiful scenary , this must have been heaven on earth.

I loved Surabaya and hope to return again one day.

When I was there it was getting close to the time of Independance day and my fondest memory was seeing all the kids in street after school practising there marching for Independance Day .
"Aku Rindu Surabaya."

• Last visit to Surabaya: Aug 2006
  • Intro Updated Oct 2, 2006

• black_mimi99's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2008 at 12:48 PM

Ohhhh Miss surabaya food collin... ^_^

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2007 at 1:35 AM

Nice page of Surabaya. Our van went by but this is a great port with many Chinese, I am told. Gong Xi Fa Cai. Cheers, SL

• Roshan21's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2006 at 12:16 PM

Ek wens ek weer Bromo toegaan. Dit is een baie baie mooi plek. Mooi een Collin

• fashionapple's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2006 at 10:21 PM

Lucky you to make it to Mt Bromo. I m glad you really good time in Indonesia, though my experience is not as good n looks this its my first n last trip here :(

• RoyJava's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2006 at 11:42 AM

Great doen Collin,... my mom used to live here... thanks for share, greetz from The Hague, Holland, Roy

cokes

“Go out there without expectations , just go and see for yourself”

Badges & Stats in Surabaya

Have you been to Surabaya?

Photos in Surabaya