"Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Tengger Caldera by cokes

Tengger Caldera Travel Guide: 165 reviews and 418 photos

This was really the highlight of my trip to Indonesia. I was so looking forward to come and visit Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park as I`ve never in my life seen a active volcano before. I got a view of Mt Bromo and Mt Semeru from Mt Penanjakan and the long winding trip up the mountain was so worth the trip. Mt Penanjakan is the hightest point in which to view the Tengger Mountains as its higher than Mt Bromo. Please note to dress warm as its cold up there especially if you going to see the sunrise.

I was also so lucky to watch Mt Semeru errupt and puff huge clouds of ash. My friend and guide Ridwaan was on que when he said that Mt Semeru normally errupts at the time we were there and so it errupted a minute later to my amazement. I would say this is a place that should not be missed if you planning to visit Indonesia as it comes highly recommended by me.

• Pros:Beautiful Scenary , suprise Erruptions
  • Cons:Cool
  • In a nutshell:Definitely make this a place to see in your life time.
  • Last visit to Tengger Caldera: Aug 2006
  • Intro Updated Jan 20, 2008

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2009 at 2:28 PM

mount bromo - now that brings back some great memories

• ukirsari's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2008 at 5:24 AM

hi collin, i am sorry .. i log off soon before read your message! i am doing fine and seems not yet travel plan until mid may 2008, how about you? but summer, definetely yes! to the jungle again :)

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2007 at 2:47 AM

Nice page of Mt. Bromo. Bring back memories. It was so dark and everyone was rushing down and up the caldera before sunrise. Finally, I sat on a pony all the way, it is an surreal place, isn't it :)

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2006 at 12:48 AM

Very good tips & beautiful photos of the Mt Bromo region!

• RoyJava's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2006 at 12:08 AM

You had some great experiences in the Tengger Caldera area huh? And many thanks for some tips, I have never seen the Hindu Temple ther, wow! Greetz RoyJava

cokes

“Go out there without expectations , just go and see for yourself”

Badges & Stats in Tengger Caldera

Have you been to Tengger Caldera?

Latest Activity in Tengger Caldera