"Just got back from my Trip" cokes's Profile

I just got back from a great trip across South Africa.Just by judging from this pic you can clearly see how much fun we had.

Doing what I enjoy most.

This has been a good year for travel so far for me.

So far I had my trip to Cape Town in January and no I just come back from my trip to Durbans North Coast.

Thailand , Indonesia and Dubai is the next countries on my list so I`m hoping to go here later this year. Lots of planning for me and any other place or country I can get to visit will be a big plus for me.

Well here I am doing what I do best again. I just love going on Safari and no matter how many times I go , the experience is always of a different kind. Well this was my trip for August 2007. I can`t wait for Spring to come which is only in a few days time.

Well this weekend I went on a safari. I had some guest over from Jakarta so we went over to the Rhino and Lion Park. Well we had a really great time. We saw some really agressive lions who ate some guys tires who parked to check them out while they were feeding. Well we also loved playing with the Lion , Cheetah and Tiger Cubs. They were alot of fun. I guess the tiger cubs was the most playfully of the whole lot as everytime you turned your back for too long and did`nt see where the others were , one would come out of nowhere and just jump on you.

I guess its great being in the bush again and I just enjoying seeing animals in their natural environment.

I`ve been away these last 2 weeks. It was more of a business trip then a vacation and I was lucky enough to travel all over the Western Cape. Travelling from Oudtshoorn going all along the garden route to Cape Town.

The Garden Route is really something...a route that all should travel when visiting South Africa.

I was lucky enough to visit Boulders Beach whereby I visited the Penguin Colony and took the oportunity to swim amongst the penguins. It was really a nice experience , even though the water was cold it was well worth the effort.

Click here to see more pics of the Penguins

Being from South Africa and having the opportunity of having all these animals on your doorstep is a bonus. Being a game drive or safari park or whatever it may be I just love being in the wild. Its always nice to checkout the animals as everytime you go its always a new experience. Thats why going to the Kruger National Park for me which is 3 hours from home is always a good experience.

Like I said how I enjoy scenic places and unfortunately I can`t drive to Mpumalanga every week or go to Cape Town as often as I like , I have to make full use of the beauty thats close to home. I therefor love spending time at the Hartbeespoort Dam as it just helps me to relax and just to forget about the stress of city life. Well I also happen to live close to the Craddle of HumanKind so its also excellent to just visit places like the Sterkfonteins Caves and other places around there with rich historical value. Not to forget a place that comes highly recommended , Lesedi Cultural Village. Its good for both locals and tourist as its a really good experience as I always brushed it aside until I went and was really suprised as I really enjoyed my time there.

My favourites Destinations has to be Cape Town and SE Asia. Yet I have to see so much more in SE Asia that I have to return soon. What I like most of SE Asia is that the people there is so nice and friendly especially all the VT`ers I met in Kuala Lumpur , Singapore , Jakarta and Surabaya. The food is nice and cheap and I must say , when you there I hope you not going to be eating Burger King or Macdonalds ;OP ok , I`m guilty of eating at Burger King but surely made up for it :0P

My favourite places I`ve visited in SE Asia so far has to be Bali , Mt Bromo Close to Surabaya and my favourite city despite the heat...yep it just got to be Kuala Lumpur. I`m so glad I came here ,its been my dream destination for a while and I guess it still is.

So hopefully on my next trip I hope to visit Thailand , see more of Malaysia and I`ll definitely be back to visit Indonesia as I so much wanna see Borobodur and Prambanan as I missed out this time due to the earthquake there.

I guess if you ever plan a trip there make sure Airasia is your best friend despite it being delay sometimes.

I guess being on VT has been a very good and enriching experience for me. I would recommend it to anyone who intend on travelling as the tips here is just excellent and really comes handy. Definitely beats many travel books ;OP and as for the VT`ers , I have to say its been a good experience for me to chat with some fellow VT`ers and just share experiences with them.

This is one great site and I`m happy to be apart of it.

• Intro Updated Dec 28, 2013

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
cokes's Profile Photo

cokes

“Go out there without expectations , just go and see for yourself”

Real Name