"Tartu" Tartu by Perugia
Tartu Travel Guide: 121 reviews and 193 photos
Tartu is situated in the south-eastern part of the Republic of Estonia, on the banks of the Emajõgi (Mother-River). With 110 000 residents Tartu is, after Tallinn, Estonia's second- largest city. Tartu is above all a university-town, a national education and research center.
Tartu is, in terms of written mention (1030), the oldest city in the Baltic States.
- In a nutshell:Nice, quiet, green students town on the bank of the Mother river.
Taevaskoja (workshop of heaven) is the lovely place on the Ahja river, not far from Põlva and 40 km from Tartu. The... more travel advice
Perugia's Related Pages
Tartu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The long awaited Tartu!"
- "Tempting Tartu"
- "2nd estonian town but first in intellectual field"
- "with one eye in Tartu"
- "A flying town with deep roots in the clouds"
- "aliante1981's new Tartu Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tartu
- Hotels in Tartu
- Transportation in Tartu
- Nightlife in Tartu
- Restaurants in Tartu
- Warnings and Dangers in Tartu
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Tartu
- 8 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Tartu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tartu
Top 10 Pages
- Tallinn County Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
- Estonia Intro, 16 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ukraine Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Narva Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lithuania Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Tartu Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Venice Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos