"Chihuahua - The City" Top 5 Page for this destination Chihuahua by kathymof
Chihuahua Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 51 photos
Chihuahua is a large city and the capital of the state of Chihuahua. It has the second largest population in Chihuahua. It is a center for finance, business and education. The new university campus is stunning - makes you want to go back to school.
The state of Chihuahua was very central in the development of the Mexican Revolution. Pancho Villa is the most famous and notorious of the generals from this revolution. Both the Mexican and US governments had several expeditions to try to capture him - all unsuccessful. The landscape is high, dry desert and the wind in the winter can be fierce and cold. It is no wonder this is one of the last places to really be settled in Mexico.
- Pros:Interesting history
- In a nutshell:Worth a visit
General Francisco "Pancho" Villa is the most famous hero of the Revolution of 1910. He was quite the ladies man and... more travel advice
The Governor's Palace is a beautiful building to which an additional story has been added - and done quite well because... more travel advice
kathymof's Related Pages
Chihuahua Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chihuahua - The City"
- "MY CHIHUAHUA"
- "Chihuahua México"
- "The old San Francisco de Cuellar"
- "Travel Notes from Chihuahua"
- "starting point of the train line to pacific...."
- "QUE BONITO CHIHUAHUA!!"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chihuahua
- 8 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Chihuahua?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chihuahua
Photos in ChihuahuaSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shetland Intro, 15 reviews, 45 photos
- Iceland 15 reviews, 44 photos
- Fair Isle Intro, 23 reviews, 34 photos
- Dijon Intro, 10 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chihuahua Intro, 8 reviews, 27 photos
- Lauterbrunnen Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos
- Paris Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Inverness Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos
- Isla Santa María Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Manarola Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos