"Switzerland's Answer to Yosemite Valley" Lauterbrunnen by kathymof

Lauterbrunnen Travel Guide: 262 reviews and 779 photos

Gorgeous!!

Lauterbrunnen Valley is home to many waterfalls, some of which are very famous - Staubbach Falls. The town of Lauterbrunnen is at the entrance to the valley. I have spent a lot of time in Yosemite Valley and the similarities are quite amazing. There are very good bus, rail and lift connections to the upper areas such as Jungfrauloch, Wengen, Murren, Schiltorn from here. It is a quiet little town of about 500 people. It is not crazily overrun with tourists like the nearby Grindelwald. Meals need to be taken at one of the local hotels.

• Pros:Gorgeous, amazing, restful, invigorating
  • Cons:if you don't like the pros, you won't like this place
  • In a nutshell:I want to go back - NOW
  • Last visit to Lauterbrunnen: Jun 2006
  • Intro Written Feb 27, 2008

• riorich55's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2011 at 5:58 AM

Kathy, Sue and I received your postcard from here yesterday. It would be fun to get back there sometime during the summer. Enjoy!

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2010 at 3:48 PM

I like your photos, this place looks "special". Just about to book 3 days in Sept'10. Hope the weather is good, had not thought about rain.

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2010 at 12:29 PM

Looks great, am camping in Lauterbrunnen Valley for 4 nights next weekend, can't wait to see it. Hopefully we'll get as good weather as you seemded to have.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Staubbach Falls sounds nice and I would go hiking up that mountain right now - anywhere is better than being stuck at airport right now (still stuck here), hehehe...

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2009 at 6:02 PM

I'll be there 1-3 September. Sure hope the cows are around. Regards, Kate

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Thanks for visiting my hp! The kitty is somewhere in Ukraine. Lovely page about the Bernese Oberland you have here :)

• Manara's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2008 at 12:02 PM

Beautiful page! And its seems you were lucky with the weather.

• Oct 21, 2008 at 12:41 AM

Excellent tips! I love the view from your appartment! and the restaurant as well. Adrenaline is now rushing...I want to go there too!

• Agraichen's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2008 at 9:47 PM

Almost the same view I had from my B&B when I was there. I must get back to get more pictures.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2008 at 4:23 PM

Nice photo, looks gorgeous there. We like b&b and homestays the best too. Stayed in them in Canada and it was great!

kathymof

“Travel makes the whole world your classroom”

Badges & Stats in Lauterbrunnen

Have you been to Lauterbrunnen?

Latest Activity in Lauterbrunnen