"Great place to stop for a few days" Inverness by kathymof
Inverness Travel Guide: 366 reviews and 827 photos
Inverness is the capital of the highlands for good reason. It is centrally localated and a good place to base yourself for day trips. There is a beautiful walk along the River Ness for nice sunny days. It is easy to get to Loch Ness and other areas as well. And like everywhere else in Scotland, it has its very own castle.
There are numerous B&Bs in beautiful old houses - this is so much nicer than staying in a hotel.
Ft. George is still a working fort. It was built to subdue the rowdy Highlanders after the Jacobite Rebellion. You cross... more travel advice
This is a floral garden composed of green houses and outdoor gardens. It is in the middle of a large recreational... more travel advice
kathymof's Related Pages
Inverness Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "With both feet on the ground in Inverness"
- "Inverness - Near Loch Ness"
- "Inverness Travel Tips - Loch Ness - Worth One Day"
- "Circumnavigating Scotland"
- "Inching Through Inverness"
- "Visit Inverness"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Inverness
- Hotels in Inverness
- Transportation in Inverness
- Nightlife in Inverness
- Restaurants in Inverness
- Shopping in Inverness
- Warnings and Dangers in Inverness
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Inverness
- 5 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Inverness?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Inverness
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shetland Intro, 15 reviews, 45 photos
- Iceland 15 reviews, 44 photos
- Fair Isle Intro, 23 reviews, 34 photos
- Dijon Intro, 10 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chihuahua Intro, 8 reviews, 27 photos
- Lauterbrunnen Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos
- Paris Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Inverness Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos
- Isla Santa Marķa Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Manarola Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos