"Charming walls around old town" Cittadella by kathymof
Cittadella Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 81 photos
Cittadella is a small town about 15 km west of Castelfranco Veneto that is reachable by main highway or by train. The old town is surrounded by intact walls. There is a lot of rehab going on but I was able to walk half-way around the top of the walls - this is about 3/4 of a km. There is a moat on the outside of the walls. You have to pay a small fee at one of two entrances to make the steep climb to the top of the walls. It is worth it!
I didn't eat here but I did get a real kick out of the name! more travel advice
The top of the walls is made with a lot of red-fired brick. Some areas are open and others have arches. The brick and... more travel advice
kathymof's Related Pages
Cittadella Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cittadella, in the Veneto"
- "Charming walls around old town"
- "Cittadella Walled City"
- "bawls from the middle age"
- "Citadella - sleepy town in the sun."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cittadella
- Transportation in Cittadella
- Restaurants in Cittadella
- Shopping in Cittadella
- Warnings and Dangers in Cittadella
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Cittadella
- 4 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Cittadella?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cittadella
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shetland Intro, 15 reviews, 45 photos
- Iceland 15 reviews, 44 photos
- Fair Isle Intro, 23 reviews, 34 photos
- Dijon Intro, 10 reviews, 26 photos
- Chihuahua Intro, 8 reviews, 27 photos
- Lauterbrunnen Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos
- Paris Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Inverness Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos
- Isla Santa María Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Manarola Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos