"Trevisio - Another Veneto Gem" Treviso by kathymof
Treviso Travel Guide: 211 reviews and 742 photos
Treviso is a very beautiful city that has not become well known because it lives in the shadow of the famous and extravagent Venice which is just a 30 minute train ride to the south. The town is surrounded by an old wall and has canals that carry water through the town. Buildings decorated with frescoes, arcaded sidewalks and water wheels can be seen along some of the canals. The canal water in Trevisio is much cleaner than that in Venice - fish can actually survive and be seen. It is very worth a day trip from Venice and would actually make a very good center for exploring the area. It is a very pleasant, uncrowded change from Venice.
There are several canals in Treviso and there is another stunning scene every time you turn a corner. You might see... more travel advice
I got a kick out of this toilet at a small cafe. You walked up two steps to get to the door and then had a couple more... more travel advice
kathymof's Related Pages
Treviso Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""Treviso che di chiare fontane tutta ride""
- "Treviso, citta del'arte"
- "Treviso - 'A City of Water and Art'"
- "Treviso-Art and Water FAme"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Treviso
- Hotels in Treviso
- Transportation in Treviso
- Nightlife in Treviso
- Restaurants in Treviso
- Shopping in Treviso
- Warnings and Dangers in Treviso
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Treviso
- 5 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Treviso?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Treviso
Photos in TrevisoSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shetland Intro, 15 reviews, 45 photos
- Iceland 15 reviews, 44 photos
- Fair Isle Intro, 23 reviews, 34 photos
- Dijon Intro, 10 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chihuahua Intro, 8 reviews, 27 photos
- Lauterbrunnen Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos
- Paris Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Inverness Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos
- Isla Santa María Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Manarola Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos