"Better known as Floreana" Isla Santa María by kathymof
Isla Santa María Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 92 photos
The name of this island has changed several times throughout recent history and its most common name today is Floreana. It is a great place to go to see stingrays, flamingos including their nests, waders and turtle nests. The beach you land on for the wildlife hike is green because of the presence of olivine, a volcanic glass. The path branches shortly after you begin and you can loop down toward the flamingo lagoon or go higher and continue toward San Flour Beach. It is at Sand Flour Beach that you are able to see stingrays,turtle nests and hundreds of immature Sally Lightfoot crabs. It is named San Flour Beach because the sand is of a very fine consistency.
Floreana like other islands in the Galapagos, has its share of Lava Lizards. They are fun to watch. more travel advice
Enjoy the colorful Sally Lightfoot Crabs that are all over the rocks at Sand Flour Beach. They are black and match the... more travel advice
kathymof's Related Pages
Isla Santa María Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Floreana - Isla Santa Maria"
- "Better known as Floreana"
- "ISLA SANTA MARIA FLOREANA ISLAND GALAPAGOS.."
- "Santa Maria, AKA Floreana or Charles Island"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Isla Santa María
- 7 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Isla Santa María?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla Santa María
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Hampshire, UK property rentals"
- Wrote a Review The ever-present Lava Lizard in Isla Santa María Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "The ever-present Lava Lizard"
- updated a Isla Santa María Travel Page "Better known as Floreana"
- Commented on one of grets's Isla Santa María travel pages
Photos in Isla Santa MaríaSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shetland Intro, 15 reviews, 45 photos
- Iceland 15 reviews, 44 photos
- Fair Isle Intro, 23 reviews, 34 photos
- Dijon Intro, 10 reviews, 26 photos
- Chihuahua Intro, 8 reviews, 27 photos
- Lauterbrunnen Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos
- Paris Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Inverness Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos
- Isla Santa María Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Manarola Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos