"Tourists, tourists everywhere" Cluny by reenby
Cluny Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 78 photos
Cluny was a shock. After a week cycling around quiet Burgundy suddenly we were back on the tourist circuit.
As we toiled up the main street, my heart sank as we were surrounded by cars and tourists. I had no idea Cluny was so well known.
We finally got off the main road and reached our hotel in the Abbey Grounds and it was like sanctuary. The traffic disappeared and the crowds faded. When I thought about it later it struck me as strange as most of the visitors must have come to see the abbey, but were happier in the shops and bars of the town.
As the shops closed the tourists fell away. By evening it was all much more pleasant and relaxed.
reenby's Related Pages
Cluny Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cluny: Horses,History ,Food and Wine"
- "Cluny in Burgundy"
- "Tourists, tourists everywhere"
- "Site of the Once World's Largest Catholic Church"
- "My Cluny"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cluny
- Hotels in Cluny
- Transportation in Cluny
- Restaurants in Cluny
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cluny
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Cluny?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cluny
Photos in ClunySee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Verona Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Brugge Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 8 reviews, 5 photos
- Malta Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Chicago Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Tallinn Intro, 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Gent Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Wengen Intro, 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Isle of Arran Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
No friends yet.