"Love the people and colours and sights of Morocco!" Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco by angiebabe
Morocco Travel Guide: 10,307 reviews and 29,176 photos
This guy selliing cups of water at the Kelaa Mgouna Rose Festival was a case - he wanted money for taking his picture - of course as most do - ie they either put their hands over their face and spoil a good shot or they demand money which when one thinks about it, what exactly is it we are paying for - what do they expect we do with these photos to rationalise paying money for them? and i took two as he moved the cup and it went out of frame but his facial expression didnt change! he has this amazing look on his face - almost unreadable and conjures all sorts of things that might be or just might not be going in that head of his!
You never know what you will see around the next corner! my camera is always at the ready and if its not I miss something!
Morocco is such a country of sights! - diversity in the landscapes and geographics, numerous people groups wearing different clothing and colours from area to area, and the fact that the majority of people are still living on the land uncommercialised ie with donkeys and mules and even camels theres the richness that comes with this
Another of my favourite areas, probably the most, is the area up in the High Atlas of Tizin Tichka where the Glaoui ruled the south of Morocco.
There is such a history here and so much still to see from that history.
Berber villages abound in beautiful valleys with fruit and almond trees in blossom around February and March with lush green fields of wheat and even poppies through to late May and June, and snow on the mountains to add to the beauty from sometimes as early as November through to March.
The beautiful Glaouis kasbahs and palaces that abound throughout the area through to the salt mines on the old caravan routes which provided them with wealth and power and the hospitable peoples that have endured and make their lives there in the remoteness.
Been thinking - I should add that this page on Morocco I am going to make as MY MOROCCO! - that is other pages that ive visted, can and have written tips of the things to see and do will stay as that and - well this page will be on the places that are favourites and special places to me - maybe recommendations and suggestions that will enhance your or anothers trip to and experiences in this surprisingly and amazingly diverse country with so many spectacular sights and special things about it that I have gradually discovered over my numerous visits since 2003.
I would love it if any of this would show the joy thats been gathered and experienced here - amongst the tears and hardships! - and help you have a great visit there too.
As for the photos they are definitely owned by me, taken by me and a lot of blood, sweat and tears has gone into a lot of these! Not just the trials and tribulations of uploading, from what ive been told keeping them on high resolution makes uploading slower, and they are staying on high resolution to keep the quality I want to have available, and theres been a lot of effort gone into the uploading of these babies!
Secondly the effort into many of these photos has been there in Morocco - the difficulty in getting good people shots takes a lot of patience and theres a cost in opportunist Moroccans who dont see the point in stopping or slowing down to take just another photo!
that beautiful snow topped background of the Atlas above those tall cedar trees and spectacular winding road - perfect shot!- delegated to memory - or those photos that had to wait till another visit with another rental car and on your own to return to get those shots! Those tourists who were told No - you cant stop here! and missed the stunning view from the top of TizinTichka who didnt get the chance again for fear of upsetting their driver! well .... Theres some here worth a lot to me! So if you see any you like - please dont help yourself!
- Pros:so many beautiful sights - landscapes - history - diversity in the people groups - language, music,art,
Ive now been eating quite regularly each time Ive visited TAfraoute over the last 3 years. The guys who cook in here... more travel advice
I have lived in Australia for 15 years and seen plenty of occasions to be wary of snakes - Australia has some of the... more travel advice
- See All a special place to stay in the mountains
- See All Your smartphone or laptop for internet...
- See All Scenic road between Alnif and Tinerhr
- See All Driving Draa-Foum Zguid-Tata-Akka-Id...
angiebabe's Related Pages
Morocco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Me Inside You, You Inside My Morocco"
- "A wonder called Morocco"
- "Love the people and colours and sights of Morocco!"
- "A day of wandering during Ramadan 2006"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Morocco
- Hotels in Morocco
- Transportation in Morocco
- Nightlife in Morocco
- Restaurants in Morocco
- Shopping in Morocco
- Warnings and Dangers in Morocco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Morocco
- 542 Reviews
- 2,486 Photos
- 1,855 Forum posts
- 44 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (100)
Have you been to Morocco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Morocco
- Posted in Travel Bolivia Forum "Re: trekking in Bolivia in late..."
- Commented on one of JessieLang's Morocco tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "Enjoy a night or 2 in a Moulay Idriss guesthouse"
- Wrote a Review Language in Morocco in Morocco Local Customs
- updated a Morocco Travel Page "Love the people and colours and sights of Morocco!"
- Uploaded a Video to Morocco
Videos in MoroccoSee All Videos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 112 reviews, 425 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 98 reviews, 379 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 62 reviews, 256 photos, 7 travelogues
- Telouet Intro, 46 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 27 reviews, 166 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tafraoute Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 31 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dilos Island Intro, 19 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait Intro, 19 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essaouira Intro, 20 reviews, 119 photos, 6 travelogues