"A so God Blessed visit to Burundi!" Top 5 Page for this destination Burundi by angiebabe
Burundi Travel Guide: 113 reviews and 1,080 photos
Not only is it a huge lake but it is the worlds second deepest lake and it is also the worlds second largest freshwater lake!
We went walking past here to particularly look for hippos that apparently are more likely to see in this area than anywhere else around the lake - we hadnt seen them when we had our first visit to Lake Tanganyika at the Beach Club Tanganyika - and we didnt see them whee we had been we had more chance - but we didnt see them! - nor did we see any crocodiles that are also meant to be possible to see - though they apparently are more likely to see around nightfall.
- Pros:the most hospitable, kind, warm, generous, colourful, people! Gradual recoveries and restoration since the genocidal massacres 15 or so years ago
- Cons:many security people, police and military around with big guns! can be daunting but Im told by many that during the day walking about is perfectly safe - just take care at night - go by taxi or travel with locals...and a horrible history
We were in Burundi on a mission trip instigated by a woman from Burundi in our church....and invited by the churches... more travel advice
We went on a missions trip to Burundi with a host church to go to - we were totally wonderfully looked after, kept safe... more travel advice
angiebabe's Related Pages
Burundi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A country unburdened by major tourist attractions"
- "A so God Blessed visit to Burundi!"
- "REBUILDING BURUNDI"
- "small country in the heart of africa"
- "Visit to Burundi"
- "cosmopolit's new Burundi Page"
- "Maciej's new Burundi Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Burundi
- Hotels in Burundi
- Transportation in Burundi
- Nightlife in Burundi
- Restaurants in Burundi
- Shopping in Burundi
- Warnings and Dangers in Burundi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Burundi
- 8 Reviews
- 85 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (185)
Have you been to Burundi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Burundi
- Posted in Travel Queenstown Forum "Re: Active 60 year olds staying..."
- Commented on one of angiebabe's Burundi travel pages
- updated a Burundi Travel Page "A so God Blessed visit to Burundi!"
- Wrote a Review a visit to a village of the Twa in Burundi Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "More ideas for big things to fit on your head"
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 106 reviews, 416 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 106 reviews, 399 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 62 reviews, 256 photos, 7 travelogues
- Telouet Intro, 46 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 28 reviews, 171 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tafraoute Intro, 37 reviews, 150 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essaouira Intro, 23 reviews, 143 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 31 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dilos Island Intro, 19 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait Intro, 19 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues