"To Israel to see the homeland of Jesus" Israel by angiebabe
Israel Travel Guide: 9,074 reviews and 26,766 photos
First visited Israel on a 4 day tour in a group of 75 following on from our 3 week trip around Turkey with a group of 115 in October 1999. We stayed the 1st night somewhere near Galilee - visiting Capernum, Mount of Beautitudes, boat over Galilee to Tiberius, river Jordan, Jericho and King Herods palace, drive thruogh the Judean desert, Cana and bought 'wedding wine' - actually the most delicious wine ive had in my life!,Nazareth. 2 nights we stayed in Bethlehem driving across the border control each day visiting Jerusalem and the wailing wall, 12 steps of crucifixion, Church of Holy Sepulchre, Davids Tomb, Church of St Peter?, the beautiful Garden Tomb, Mount of Olives (bought a beautiful prayer shawl), and Garden of Gethsemane...shepherds field and a bedouin night near the hotel. Back to Tel Aviv to fly home...
2nd visit was to join a VT get together of 2 days in Jerusalem (I had 3 days - the first day was a full day driving around with VTer Fruitlover dropping my luggage off at Ein Kerem then to Qumran, Beat She'an, Lake Gallilee, Haifa and bus back at 1115pm from Tel Aviv, 2 days at Masada and 2 days in Jordan in September 2008.
The highlights of this trip were the hotel in a convent in En Kerem, Hezekiahs tunnel, visiting way down under the wailing wall into the area of the Holy of Holies, dinner with VTer Gilabrand and her family on Shabbat!, the Shrine of the book and a walk around the orthodox Jew district - especially as it was the afternoon of Shabbat.
The drive from Jerusalem to Masada in a safari truck through the desert and mountains of Judea was excellent, as was a visit up Masada and a float on the dead sea.....
then across the border into Jordan....another whole adventure!
- Pros:history that goes back for centuries, so much diversity of peoples and cultures here, a lot to see and experience and people are pleasant and helpful as anywhere
- Cons:as much as muslims around the world knock or say they hate Israel they obviously dont know how much power the Muslim community has here - many things cant do or visit if theyve closed them for some reason
- In a nutshell:the Bible comes alive here!
We came here to visit the Shrine of the Book and the impressive model of Jerusalem. The Shrine of the Book houses the... more travel advice
This is a really handy place - just below the must-see sight of Herods hilltop palace of Masada - great views over... more travel advice
angiebabe's Related Pages
Israel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Israel - my country"
- "Israel: Land of Contrasts"
- "Holy Week in the Holy Land"
- "Israel: NEW Perspectives"
- "A Spring Journey to Israel"
- "In Promised Land"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Israel
- Hotels in Israel
- Transportation in Israel
- Nightlife in Israel
- Restaurants in Israel
- Shopping in Israel
- Warnings and Dangers in Israel
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Israel
- 26 Reviews
- 199 Photos
- 19 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (150)
Have you been to Israel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Israel
- Posted in Travel Easter Island Forum "Re: Safety for Solo Female Traveler"
- Commented on one of angiebabe's Israel travel pages
- Wrote a Review For Israelis who want to visit New Zealand in Israel Off The Beaten Path
- updated a Israel Travel Page "To Israel to see the homeland of Jesus"
- Uploaded a Photo to "a VT trip through Hezekiahs Tunnel"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 106 reviews, 399 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 99 reviews, 379 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 62 reviews, 256 photos, 7 travelogues
- Telouet Intro, 46 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 28 reviews, 171 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tafraoute Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 31 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dilos Island Intro, 19 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait Intro, 19 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essaouira Intro, 20 reviews, 119 photos, 6 travelogues