"Quick visit to Basel" Basel by angiebabe
Basel Travel Guide: 510 reviews and 1,430 photos
would have to be one of the most streamlined service systems in the world! Every train and bus seems to be unable to not leave right on the advertised time - so public transport runs well and reliably - and is clean with courteous staff!
This time i flew to Basel to move off to other parts around Switzerland but caught the bus into town to go see the Kunstmuseum as i knew it would be closed when i got back on Monday.
Good services with all the info you need to go where you need to go and at the Basel train station there are all the facilities such as Tourist Information Office to check plans and strategies, baggage storage and clean loos.
Its a nice walk down through the streets to the fine arts museum where theres an excellent collection of the 'greats' plus the current kandinsky exhibition
very elaborate and colourful rathaus and marketplace - near the river, also provides another look see
- Pros:all the facilities to aid the traveller are here, good services and pleasant people. Interesting enough architecture. Post office is open till 9pm!!buses to and from airport are frequent.
- Cons:Quite a long walk to the main square ie the marktplaz, but can at least see some interesting buildings and culture along the way
- In a nutshell:I liked it a lot! especially as a base to fly into and travel off to elsewhere.
After a night tour of the well regarded for its beauty, Rathaus Ive been back for the day tour! Yes its beautiful by day... more travel advice
Each city has its own look - but for an architecture and design lover one can see works of art and interest almost... more travel advice
angiebabe's Related Pages
Basel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basel - Switzerland's Gate to the world"
- "Basel - trinational"
- "Cycling and recycling in Basel"
- "BASEL CITY and RHEIN RIVER - SWITZERLAND"
- "Basel: Happy people live here"
- "Beautiful Basel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Basel
- Hotels in Basel
- Transportation in Basel
- Nightlife in Basel
- Restaurants in Basel
- Shopping in Basel
- Warnings and Dangers in Basel
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Basel
- 8 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Basel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Basel
- Posted in Travel Wilaya de Casablanca Forum "Re: Casablanca "
- Wrote a Review Drive along the Rhein to Laufenburg in Basel Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Beautiful, colourful, frescoed Rathaus"
- updated a Basel Travel Page "Quick visit to Basel"
- Commented on one of Kate-Me's Basel travel pages
Photos in BaselSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 112 reviews, 425 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 97 reviews, 379 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 61 reviews, 256 photos, 7 travelogues
- Telouet Intro, 46 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 27 reviews, 166 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tafraoute Intro, 35 reviews, 139 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 31 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dilos Island Intro, 19 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait Intro, 19 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essaouira Intro, 20 reviews, 119 photos, 6 travelogues