"Oriel windows galore" Sankt Gallen by angiebabe
Sankt Gallen Travel Guide: 94 reviews and 261 photos
For a town that i was told when i was there doesnt normally have tourists visiting, due to its location and lack of Swissness (!?) i found that amazing as the place is amazing - as good as any touristy town (such as Stein!) - beautiful timbered buildings and especially the oriel windows, alcove windows with elaborat,e such as baroque, decorations.
I asked Hanspeter what the local speciality is for something to eat when i was about to roam around the town after arriving and he showed me on the map of the old town centre that he'd given me the best places in town to try the special bratwurst known in St Gallen - after getting mine - which was actually amazing right from the first bite! - then trying to tackle the big bun or almost scone type thing to put it in - and then seeing every second or third person go past me with a olma bratwurst or something in a roll. Its definitely the in thing here!
Built in 1767 and 1768 this buildings are over the top lavishly ornate.
- Pros:amazing number of attractive buildings with oriel windows and carved doorframes, delicious bratwurst, unesco amazing library - heaps of stunning buildings!! - and rather nice chocolate!
- Cons:little downside to add - other than maybe markets were off during the offpeak winter season
angiebabe's Related Pages
Sankt Gallen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The fantastic abbey of St.Gallen"
- "Sankt Gallen"
- "Another unscheduled stop, another festival!"
- "Sankt-Gallen - at the heart of Eastern Switzerland"
- "Monastery - Library - Embroidery - Old City"
- "Home sweet home"
- "Oriel windows galore"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sankt Gallen
- Hotels in Sankt Gallen
- Transportation in Sankt Gallen
- Nightlife in Sankt Gallen
- Restaurants in Sankt Gallen
- Shopping in Sankt Gallen
- Warnings and Dangers in Sankt Gallen
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sankt Gallen
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (84)
Have you been to Sankt Gallen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sankt Gallen
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 111 reviews, 418 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 95 reviews, 379 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 60 reviews, 256 photos, 7 travelogues
- Telouet Intro, 46 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 27 reviews, 166 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tafraoute Intro, 35 reviews, 139 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dilos Island Intro, 19 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 28 reviews, 120 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait Intro, 19 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essaouira Intro, 20 reviews, 119 photos, 6 travelogues