"amazing fairy tale castle in Bavaria" Schloss Neuschwanstein by angiebabe
Schloss Neuschwanstein Travel Guide: 226 reviews and 759 photos
I was first here with a cousin and a tour group on our way from england to oberammergau for the passion play in 2000. It was a beautiful summers afternoon and very exciting to be in europe and here at this fairy tale castle - the one on all the jigsaw puzzles!! We had an excellent guided tour of the castle too and photos of us together from the Marienbrucke bridge with the castle behind us.
My second visit was also on a lovely summer afternoon/evening with two of my best friends on our own 'driving through europe' tour - we drove like mad from a lovely German friend of mine in Tuttlingen with the probable idea we would be too late but might be lucky - and we did!! even though we didnt arrive till after 5pm we found tours were at late as 7.30 pm or something so that was met with exuberant joy by my friends!!
Again enjoyed the guided tour and all the extravagant interior decorations and romantic fairytale paintings and another excited session of posing for shots from Marienbrucke with the fairytale castle behind us!!
A third visit! - is that extravagant, obsessive or just plain blessed!
Blessed i think! stunning beautiful weather - blue skies and thick snow everywhere - amazing after two days of overcast weather from where i drove from Fredrichshafen and from my friend at Tuttlingen, arrived in Fussen in the dark - to see sparkling stars in the sky above and even more thankfulness the next day with perfect photography weather!
Walked up the hill to the castle, got my shots of the facade with fur trees laden with snow surrounding it and was very happy! no tour this time though but i was let in the exit door to ransack the souvenir shop for some more memorabilia - particularly a winter scene mousemat and poster - a must for the castle and snow scene obsessed like me!
- Pros:the ultimate fairytale castle!! in and out!
- Cons:cant live or stay the night in it!
- In a nutshell:A special visit - definitely one of the 1000 Thank You God we got there before we died sights!
angiebabe's Related Pages
Schloss Neuschwanstein Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of the most beautiful place on the Earth!"
- "The fairy Tale castles"
- "weekends at Neuschwanstein Castle"
- "The dream castle of King Ludwig"
- "Once upon a time.... Neuschwanstein Castle"
- "Ludvig II of Bavaria - the "mad" king of swans"
- "Welcome to magic world of Ludwig II"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- Hotels in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- Transportation in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- Nightlife in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- Restaurants in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- Shopping in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- Warnings and Dangers in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (84)
Have you been to Schloss Neuschwanstein?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Schloss Neuschwanstein
Photos in Schloss NeuschwansteinSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 111 reviews, 418 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 95 reviews, 379 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 60 reviews, 256 photos, 7 travelogues
- Telouet Intro, 46 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 27 reviews, 166 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tafraoute Intro, 35 reviews, 139 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dilos Island Intro, 19 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 28 reviews, 120 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait Intro, 19 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essaouira Intro, 20 reviews, 119 photos, 6 travelogues