Ancient Corinth Local Custom Tips by angiebabe Top 5 Page for this destination
Ancient Corinth Local Customs: 2 reviews and 9 photos
a view of the sea on the backside
When languages are translated, maybe without the assistance of inside knowledge for the colloquial that can be particularly inherent in english, some unusual results can be found - sometimes creating some humorous postings!
Out for an early morning look around the main site of Ancient Corinth - before opening time and Id stopped again to look at the views over the Ancient theatre to the sea and the temple of Apollo under a different coloured sky as last nights view and getting pics of poppies amongst the rocks and shapes of things from many centuries before - when a number of dogs seemed to descend on the open road area to greet each other good morning - no barking or growling just a bit of sniffing and seemingly hugging and playful bantering and then off they ran.
All nice looking and appearing as well kept dogs. But if youre not one for dogs then bear in mind theres a number of them around (plus the mum one with a load of pups in the main excavation site enclosure near the exit gate I photographed the afternoon before when having to make do with looking through the fences and then again at 3pm when we were all booted out so early!) and saw other tourists coo cooing at the puppies. But when the puppies were yelping as if hungry the silly dog just ran off down the Lechaion way to bark at a mob of goats on the other side!
More Reviews (16)
angiebabe's Related Pages
Ancient Corinth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where Apostle Paul walked"
- "once upon a time an important city"
- "On the Way to Ancient Corinth"
- "A Walk in Ancient Corinth"
- "A Day Trip to Ancient Corinth from Athens"
- "Corinth Canal"
- "Sharrie's Ancient Corinth Cityscapes"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ancient Corinth
- Hotels in Ancient Corinth
- Transportation in Ancient Corinth
- Nightlife in Ancient Corinth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ancient Corinth
- 18 Reviews
- 82 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (160)
Have you been to Ancient Corinth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ancient Corinth
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 106 reviews, 416 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 106 reviews, 399 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 62 reviews, 256 photos, 7 travelogues
- Telouet Intro, 46 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Merzouga Intro, 28 reviews, 171 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tafraoute Intro, 37 reviews, 150 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essaouira Intro, 23 reviews, 143 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 31 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dilos Island Intro, 19 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait Intro, 19 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues